System Performance 100%

by Ruby-Rose292

Original Post

Accepted Solution

System Performance 100%

★★★ Newbie

I have spent the past few days trying to find out why my PC is running incredibly slowly and, in turn, what is causing my CPU to run at 100% usage through the System Performance checker. This issue started five or six months ago.

I have now found the problem to be Origin. When Origin is uninstalled, my PC runs faster and my CPU is running at 5%. I then reinstall Origin and the CPU shoots back to 100%. 

I have had to uninstall Origin in order to use my PC for all it’s other functions. However, the main game I play is The Sims 4 and I can no longer play this with Origin uninstalled.

Has anyone else had this issue and can help?

Message 1 of 2 (212 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: System Performance 100%

Community Manager
@Ruby-Rose292 To check once Origin is installed, can you allow it through and security software (antivirus, firewall, etc) on your device and try setting it to run as an admin in windows compatibility settings to see if this continues?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (189 Views)

All Replies

Re: System Performance 100%

Community Manager
@Ruby-Rose292 To check once Origin is installed, can you allow it through and security software (antivirus, firewall, etc) on your device and try setting it to run as an admin in windows compatibility settings to see if this continues?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 2 (190 Views)