Origin not opening

by ximenarifai

Original Post

Origin not opening

★★★★ Apprentice

I can't access Origin at all, I click the app to open it up, the window pops up but its just blank, no way for me to type my username & log-in. Tried accessing The Sims 4 directly through the icon, but that only redirects to the Origin app. Also tried redownloading Origin & using the Reset Origin tool, but that didn't work either. 

Would appreciate some insight on what might be happening. 

Message 1 of 22 (1,004 Views)

Re: Origin not opening

Community Manager

Sorry to see that your Origin is not working @ximenarifai, the best thing to try in this situation is to clear your Origin cache.

You can clear the Origin Cache by following the steps below:

1. Completely log out and close down Origin
  2. Hold down the Windows key and R
  3. Type in "%ProgramData%" (without quotes) and click OK
  4. Now open the Origin folder.
  5. Delete all the files and folders in the Origin folder, except for LocalContent (do not delete this one)
  6. Hold down the Windows key and R
  7. Type in "%AppData%" (without quotes) and click OK
  8. This will take you to a Roaming folder, which is located inside of AppData. Delete the Origin folder
  9. Click on the word "AppData" at the top of your window
  10. Open the Local folder here
  11. Delete the Origin folder listed here
  12. Restart your PC and log back into Origin

Let me know how you get on

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 2 of 22 (960 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I think I forgot to specify I'm using a MacBook Air (2017) so I'm guessing there's another route for some of these steps, right? 

Message 3 of 22 (944 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Update: I went to the Application Support files, clicked Origin & I only found 2 files: CatalogCache & ClientInfo,plist 

Message 4 of 22 (927 Views)

Community Manager

If on Mac @ximenarifai you can try resetting Origin on your system: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

Darko

Darko.png
Message 5 of 22 (896 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Did that yesterday & also a bunch of other things suggested on here & it worked, tonight the Origin app it is back to being a blank rectangle, ugh. So frustrating! 

Message 6 of 22 (880 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I really need some help here, the origin app now opens, asks for update & when I go update the game it crashes & closes the app completely!! 

Message 7 of 22 (848 Views)

Community Manager

Definitely something on your system conflicting with Origin @ximenarifai.

Try going through the steps I posted above and see if you can find the step that fixes the issue for you and let me know what it is.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 8 of 22 (807 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I did work through all of the steps again, & the only different thing I did now was able the Firewall instead of disabling it & also I deleted 2 of the 3 Sims 4 Packs folders that I had installed, for some reason each of my Users in my Mac plus my Macintosh HD had different folders installed in them, so I trashed the 2 that were not installed in my Macinstosh HD & now my Origin seems to working better, still very slow to load but at least it does. 

I will now see if all of my packs are installed since there was a message saying I had missing content & all but 2 of the base game worlds were missing.

Thank you for your time & help! I will report back with any changes. 

Message 9 of 22 (790 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Darko After 2 hours my game is still stuck in the blue loading screen with the plumbob. Game seems to be responsive, since there's no unresponsive message in the Force quit button but it just seems to never stop loading. My game is slow but it never takes this long to load!

Message 10 of 22 (784 Views)