Origin gives disconnects

by AdjC-Kcina

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin gives disconnects

★★ Novice

Hey guys,was wondering if there was a way to fix the bug where the overlay makes your games disconnect. I love using the in-game overlay just that while playing BFV if i have it on i keep getting disconnected and when i turn it off everything is ok. Has anyone found a way to make it work if so please let me no.

Message 1 of 11 (2,543 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin gives disconnects

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@AdjC-KcinaIt sounds like you may be having issues with your connection and with that in mind I would suggest taking a look at our Connection troubleshooting steps which you can find here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

It'll take you a couple of minutes to do them all but please do take the time and do them all.

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 6 of 11 (2,465 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@AdjC-Kcina Can I ask is the issue you are having with Origin Overlay or another program such as Discord? 

If it is with Discord, for example, can you try disabling it when launching the game and then when in-game use hotkeys to open it to see if it makes a difference when it comes to disconnects.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 2 of 11 (2,496 Views)

★★ Novice
Ok i will try re enabling the origin overlay and starting discord only after the game has launched
Message 3 of 11 (2,486 Views)

★★ Novice
Nope didnt work first game got dced trying to restart without origin overlay to see again
Message 4 of 11 (2,483 Views)

★★ Novice

I still also get disconnected every 3-4games even with origin overlay on off

Message 5 of 11 (2,471 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@AdjC-KcinaIt sounds like you may be having issues with your connection and with that in mind I would suggest taking a look at our Connection troubleshooting steps which you can find here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

It'll take you a couple of minutes to do them all but please do take the time and do them all.

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 11 (2,466 Views)

★★ Novice
I have already done everything in that post as i read it through another post. I have a 1gb connection speed and this only happens to BFV. All my other games have no issues.
Message 7 of 11 (2,459 Views)

★★ Novice
I am trying the test internet thing i hadnt tryed that the last time
Message 8 of 11 (2,455 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

this is why i will not invest anymore money into this company for games, useless bugs, campers, etc. bf5 not happeneing

Message 9 of 11 (2,394 Views)

Community Manager

Do you have an issue we can help with @Nuckn_futs1?

If so you need to provide some information as to what the issues is.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 10 of 11 (2,384 Views)