Game's are not launching

by DanteCorwyn

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game's are not launching

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Origin had an update a few days ago, and since then, neither of the games I have are running. If I click play, I will get a cloud sync message, Origin will minimize, then nothing else. Task Manager suggests that the game is running (it's Dragon Age Inquisition), but I can't tab into it. I've already tried cleaning the cache, uninstalling and reinstalling Origin, running Origin as administrator, and tried installing the EA beta, and neither client works. 

Message 1 of 15 (2,684 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game's are not launching

Community Manager

Hey folks,

If nothing actually pops up when you launch the games. we'll want to make sure no other programs are blocking them from starting up.

I'd take a look through these steps and be sure Origin and your games are added as exceptions with any antivirus, firewall, or security programs.

After that if you're still running into the same issue, a clean boot of your system can help make sure nothing else is interfering with that launch.

Mako.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 15 (2,637 Views)

All Replies

★ Novice

I have the same issue, I can't play anything on Origin, I have an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Latest Driver 497.09 on an Intel Core i5-9600 K CPU @3.7 GHz I couldn't play the very next day all of a sudden. Do you want a dx diag, what do you need?

Message 2 of 15 (2,658 Views)

Community Manager

Hey folks,

If nothing actually pops up when you launch the games. we'll want to make sure no other programs are blocking them from starting up.

I'd take a look through these steps and be sure Origin and your games are added as exceptions with any antivirus, firewall, or security programs.

After that if you're still running into the same issue, a clean boot of your system can help make sure nothing else is interfering with that launch.

Mako.png
Message 3 of 15 (2,638 Views)

★ Novice

If all of those things have been done... ? I've done all of those things and the game won't load. EA pops up now instead of the origin, but the game wont run. This has been going on since the last update. I did the same as the first poster and tried the EA beta install and that did nothing, I even tried checking settings in the EA beta to see maybe if there was something in the new configs to worry about and there was nothing. 

Message 4 of 15 (2,572 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Don't know if this is the definitive answer, but I tried to run the repair tool on Dragon Age Inquisition and leave it overnight, which just seemed to tick over and over while claiming to repair files and download other ones (at a few points it said it was downloading 25gb, which is about the size of the game itself) without actually doing anything. Eventually I uninstalled and reinstalled the game, and that has it working for now. I don't know about the other game (Anthem), but considering that's about 80gb, I'm not willing to just try to download that just now.

All I can assume is that somehow the Origin update managed to corrupt both of my games files, which is absolutely ridiculous, and what makes it even more ridiculous is that the specific repair tool seemed to try to download the game multiple times without actually fixing the problem. At this rate, will I seriously have to reinstall both games from scratch just so that I can play them if Origin updates again in the future?

Message 5 of 15 (2,553 Views)

★ Novice

Depending on how much stuff you have to install..a re-install is brutal. I just re-downloaded everything as I haven't been playing for a couple of years. 

Message 6 of 15 (2,506 Views)

★ Apprentice
@DanteCorwyn looks like an EA/Origin * up.
Doing all the stuff they advise won't work, because if DAI worked a few hours ago why would anything else have changed, I know my security software's not the problem, a clean boot won't make a difference.
Think we'll just have to sit back and wait - and get more and more annoyed

ME LE is working
Message 7 of 15 (2,127 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've tried literally every troubleshooting thing I can find online to get Inquisition to launch. I've uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times. I've done a clean boot. I've cleared caches. I've verified files. I've run as administrator. I've disabled fullscreen optimizations. I've done it all and the game still won't launch. I've even tried running it directly through Origin AND through Steam (I own it on both with different accounts, long story) and neither one works. What is going on with this game? Mass Effect Andromeda works just fine with none of this troubleshooting stuff required to get it to work so what's going on with Inquisition?

Message 8 of 15 (2,009 Views)

★ Apprentice
@TanyaT99 discovered mine wouldn't load because I had a corrupted mod, which had worked the day before.
I wasted 12 hours on that!
Message 9 of 15 (1,987 Views)

★ Guide
Hello @Vandaloop, EA solved the issue. it is now working again.
Message 10 of 15 (1,826 Views)