Download error Origin is not able to download Sims 4 "DiP_STAGED"

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

My sims 4 expansion packs won’t download on origin mac

★★★ Newbie

I have recently bought 3 new sims 4 expansion packs, and none of them are able to be downloaded. I have origin on my Mac, and have tried everything from using the reset origin tool, to creating a new admin on my laptop. None of those 3 expansion packs are able to be download and when I try it just says it’s unable to be downloaded. Any help would be greatly appreciated 

Message 261 of 277 (359 Views)

Re: My sims 4 expansion packs won’t download on origin mac

Community Manager

Heya @emmahughes10 

Could you attach a screenshot to your post please of the error you're seeing when you try to download these packs? 

solaire.png

Message 262 of 277 (341 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey yeah sure, looks like this! 

Message 263 of 277 (310 Views)

Community Manager

@emmahughes10 

Thanks for these details! I've merged your post into the current main thread for this error- please see the steps on page 1 of this thread for more information. 

solaire.png

Message 264 of 277 (293 Views)

Sims 4 trouble updating

★★★ Newbie

Not sure why its doing this, I recently made another profile on my mac specifically for the sims and i never had this problem before, hopefully it can be fixed Standard smile

Message 265 of 277 (282 Views)

Origin error message when I try to update Sims 4

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hi, everyone! I was wondering if someone could help me out with a little problem I'm having. There's an update available for The Sims 4, and usually I'm able to download updates without a problem. But today when I went to update the game, I got the following message:

Origin is not able to download The Sims™ 4 to /Applications/The Sims/The
Sims 4.app/Contents/Delta/SP47/Strings_DUT_NL.package_DiP_STAGED.

Please check that the location is available or cancel and restart the
download to another location

I'm honestly not computer savvy enough to know how to "download to another location" on my own - I'm afraid that if I attempt to do so, I'll make a fatal mistake and screw up my game. I've gotten some great advice from browsing these forums and figured I'd try here first. 

Thanks so much in advance for any help or suggestions you can provide!

Message 266 of 277 (281 Views)

Re: Sims 4 trouble updating

@filledemot @vestier1 

It is a permissions issue caused by trying to update the game in a different Mac user account to the one you installed the game in - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin-Mac-Client-Technical/Download-error-Origin-is-not-able-to-download-...

@filledemot  

is your game installed in the system Applications folder and not the default user Applications folder? From your screenshot it appears so. 

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 267 of 277 (266 Views)

Re: Sims 4 trouble updating

★ Novice

That was indeed the problem - thank you so much! 

Message 268 of 277 (250 Views)

Changing location of sims to a new user on mac to be able to update

★★★ Newbie

For about a year now I've been trying to get into origin on my mac to play the sims. I was always met with the login screen reloading over and over again and then it crashing. I tried the origin reset tool but it didn't change anything.

I did some research and it said to remove the two factor authentication on my mac but mac no longer offers it to be removed.

So I saw an option of creating another user on my mac and using Origin on it.

When I did that I finally got origin open and on my account!

but my sims now needs to be updated, and I cant update it because It was originally downloaded on a different user location, and I can't figure out how to change the location of the game. 

I saw something that said to get into the restricted access mode to fix it but I need to log in as an administrator to get into restricted access. I don't know if it meant to make my new user an administrator on my mac, or something within origin but I made sure my new user was an administrator. I don't know if thats the right path to follow but it lead me to dead ends. changing my user to administrator didnt let me turn on restricted access mode. also saw that I needed to go to 

my location on my new user is set to the right one when I click install and saves but that will only effect future games i download and not updating the sims.

I saw another thing that I need to go into the original user ID to change the location but I can't do that cause Origin will no longer open on that user ID.

I'm stuck at that. Should I delete the game and re install? 

I really want to play sims, it has been a very long year without it. Frown

Message 269 of 277 (201 Views)

Re: Changing location of sims to a new user on mac to be able to update

@Tasimago

What is "restricted access mode"? Do you have a link to whatever it is you read?

Uninstall the game, manually uninstall Origin https://bluebellflora.com/how-to-uninstall-origin-on-a-mac/ then re-download Origin and the game in whichever user account you will play and update the game in.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 270 of 277 (184 Views)