NOT LETTING ME RESTORE BACKUP

by FEZtf7

Original Post

NOT LETTING ME RESTORE BACKUP

★★★★ Novice

I last restored a backup on the 7th of July 2020, this is how I've normally installed my games for years on Origin, unless they were a new purchase for which I'd download then backup,

I tried yesterday to restore another game from a backup that I've used many times and couldn't restore the backup and the game continued to download even though I used the same process of installing Origin games since 2013,

I've tried it again today with two different games same thing happened, not sure whats going on as to why I can no longer restore my backups, has something changed with the Origin client since July 7th 2020

Message 1 of 4 (622 Views)

Re: NOT LETTING ME RESTORE BACKUP

Community Manager

Hey @FEZtf7 can you ensure that you are following the steps in this help article exactly: https://help.ea.com/en-au/help/origin/origin/backing-up-and-restoring-your-origin-games/

Can you ensure that your account has full admin privileges and could it be a case that the back up you are using is up to date and the download is for additional updates?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 4 (533 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I used that method the day I posted the problem, I used the copy and paste method for years, even used the copy and paste method on the 7th July 2020

I have full admin privileges

Games are up to date, the two games I was restoring haven't been updated since 2015 and 2017

It's not downloading additional updates, It's downloading the whole game and not recognizing that the back-up files have already been moved to the install location

I've been using back-ups on Origin since 2013 and never had a problem, my last restored back-up was 7/7/20, ever since then I haven't been able to restore back-ups even when using a fresh back-up

Message 3 of 4 (517 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @FEZtf7 can you open your Origin options and ensure that your download directory is set to the correct directory and then open your My Game Library and if the game begins to download, pause it and then right-click on the game tile and select Repair to see if it works.

Have you updated your OS or done a reinstall of it any time recently?

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 4 of 4 (490 Views)