Re: [PC] Stuck on loading screen

by EA_Najat

Original Post

★★ Novice

Wtf did I pay for ? Im stuck at the loading screen......... paid money for a game I cant play.

Message 181 of 261 (24,962 Views)

★★ Novice

I solve the problem the "infinite loading", but now I have black screen after the loading.... Jesus Crist!

Message 182 of 261 (24,948 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Christmas eve...wish I could play this but the infinate loading bug says otherwise. Have tried *everything* in this thread (plus more such as a complete fresh WIndows 8 install) with no luck. EA "support" has said my case has been escilated...sigh.

Message 183 of 261 (24,929 Views)

★★ Novice

I solve the problem of the loading. Its simple, reinstall the driver nvidia in full defaults... But the sound of the Most Wanted 2012... pffff No sounds...

Message 184 of 261 (24,912 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I was totally about to complain too considering that today is boxing day and I just bought a brand new gaming PC from Best Buy priced at 1000$, and two knew games GTA IV, and Most Wanted.

I also got stuck like you all on the loading screen, and I found this thread. Another problem was that I could no log into origin when I tried restarting my game.

So what I did was I restarted my PC, and retried opening NFS, and it worked. And so did my login into Origin.

Message 185 of 261 (24,853 Views)

★ Novice

HY i got the game from my friend, he didnt buy the game but it is working great on his PC,and when i copied it to my PC it stopped on the loading screen and i tried EVERY SINGLE ONE OF SUGGESTIONS of how to fix it please someone help. And my computer works with this kind of graphics. Confusedmileymad: I have even tried to make a new rule of forbiddin the game to go online and etc.etc. but didnt work HELP:

Message 186 of 261 (24,813 Views)

Re: Stuck on loading screen

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have tried both work arounds and they didn't work for me. I still can only play the game if I disconnect from the internet at the press any key screen. This allows me to play single player offline but if I'm connected to the internet the game locks my system up completely and I have to do a hard re-boot. I therefore would like to point out the  problem is not solved as I have had the exact same problem since the game was released.

Message 187 of 261 (24,807 Views)

★★★★ Novice

So EA support finally got back to me. Apparantly, "At this time, windows 8 is still not officially supported to play our games, including Need for Speed Most Wanted." Wow. Just wow. Mass Effect 3 also doesn't work for me (says Origin isn't running then closes right away) but I digress.

I'm lost for words that a company the size of EA can't support the latest version of the world's core OS. Oh, and no refund was offered, just a "Thanks again for writing us. We look forward to helping you answer some of your questions and hope you enjoy playing EA games!" Yeah, I'll go and have fun playing your games that DON'T RUN.

Message 188 of 261 (24,691 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Maiby you don't have the performances you need on computer.

Message 189 of 261 (24,644 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello everyone,

For those who are still experiencing this issue, I will try to list below a recap of different workarounds. Some of them were provided by community members and I hope this will help you all.

If you have already tried these steps without success, please let us know.
Also cosmicf posted a message about system requirements and you will find below the recommendations since this is also an important information:

• Disabling Origin In Game:

1.                 Launch Origin Client and Login to user account

2.                 Click on the Origin Dropdown Menu and select the Application Settings Option

3.                 Click the IN GAME Tab and uncheck the “Enable Origin In Game” Box to disable the IGO

4.                 Attempt to Launch the game

• Updating Origin

fab931025 posted a workaround which involves updating Origin

fraserlaserr refined the workaround here

1. Go to EA Website and Log In to your Origin account on the right at the top.
  2. Click your profile, Change your ID name and YOU MUST VALIDATE/CONFIRM THE EMAIL ADDRESS! 
  3. Go to your Control Panel and uninstall Origin.
  4. Go to Origin and download Origin.
  5. Install Origin and Log in with the Origin application.
  6. Your NFS Most Wanted will now work in on- and offline mode.

• Updating drivers

tutarr posted a message informing that reinstalling his video card driver solved the loading issue:

tutarr wrote:

I solve the problem of the loading. Its simple, reinstall the driver nvidia in full defaults... But the sound of the Most Wanted 2012... pffff No sounds...

Our recommendation is to make sure you have the latest drivers available for your video and sound card.

• Friends list

Another workaround involving the friends list has been provided by 1april.

However the friend list should not cause any issue since this has been fixed with the last game update too, but I will post here the workaround as an additional information. If you think this can still cause an issue, don't hesitate to inform us.

1. My Origin friends list was full. I had 100 friends. The game always froze after the 'Press any key' loading screen.
  2. I unfriended 3 players, so I had only 97 players in my friends list.
  3. After that I had no freezes anymore.
  4. This also explains why I never had freezes in loading screen while I was offline in Origin.

[PC]

• Fixed a friends issue where users with 99 friends PLUS pending friends invites were seeing crashes.

• Need For Speed Most Wanted System Requirements

Minimum System Requirement:

• OS: Windows Vista (Service Pack 2 and all available windows updates) 32-Bit
  • Processor: 2 GHz Dual Core (Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHZ or Atlhon X2 2.7 GHz)
  • Memory: 2 GB
  • Hard Drive: 20 GB
  • Disk Drive: DVD ROM Drive
  • Graphics Card (AMD): DirectX 10.1 compatible with 512 MB RAM (ATI RADEON 3000, 4000, 5000 OR 6000 series, with ATI RADEON 3870 or higher performance)
  • Graphics Card (NVIDIA): DirectX 10.0 compatible with 512 MB RAM (NVIDIA GEFORCE 8, 9, 200, 300, 400 OR 500 series with NVIDIA GEFORCE 8800 GT or higher performance)
  • Sound card: DirectX compatible
  • Peripherals: Keyboard and Mouse

Recommended System Requirement:

• OS: Windows 7 (Service Pack 1 and all available windows updates) 64-bit
  • Processor: Quad-Core CPU
  • Memory: 4 GB
  • Hard Drive: 20 GB
  • Disk Drive: DVD ROM Drive
  • Graphics Card: DirectX 11 compatible with 1024 MB RAM (NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 or ATI RADEON 6950)
  • Sound Card: DirectX compatible
  • Peripherals: Keyboard and Mouse

cosmicf I have read your message and indeed Windows 8 is not listed on the system requirements.

Message 190 of 261 (47,308 Views)