Need more players per servers

by motors

Original Post

Need more players per servers

★★★★ Apprentice

need more players on a server. 16 is just not enough. 

I am always racing the computer more than real players.

so if things are equal , that means 8 players in day events and 8 players at night will not give anybody much of a chance to have a race with mostly real life racers.

it is rather lonely in game at times with everyone doing their own thing.

just thinking if there were a lot more players per server , that the game would be more better.

my hopes,

motors 

Message 1 of 8 (938 Views)

Re: Need more players per servers

★★★ Pro
@motors Personally i think it shouldent be server based, that may work for a Shooter game. But in a racing game we should be able too host private sessions, with our friends instead of just public servers with strangers. But thats just my oppinion, i cant speak for others.
Message 2 of 8 (897 Views)

★★★★ Guide

The issue I've noticed is people leave a session, then the session gets shutdown.  I don't think it's a max player-per-session issue, but a lack-of-players issue.  

It would better to just have 1 or 2 mega-servers, or to just not have the system kick a player if they are the only one in a session.

Message 3 of 8 (859 Views)

★★★ Pro
@ZeroMcDol Yeah that could also work, we had the same issue in Rivals. If the host left session, the game needed too reload too find a new host. So yeah a bigger server would be best.
Message 4 of 8 (848 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@ZeroMcDol mega servers seems logical. that would be better
Message 5 of 8 (730 Views)

★★ Apprentice

That lag would be unbelievable.... no thanks.  Besides, I have found most peps are turned off when they see the challenger has a 400+, or some guys are only jumping in on newb races. 

I did some testing, recently, and when I challenged with a low level ride, certain racers were willing to accept, but once I switched to a 400+ ride, all I got was a cricket serenade.  Then, switching back to low level and *poof* the big guns jumped right in.  

So, it seems it is more the intent and scope of the racers.  Maybe if they started handicapping to give a balanced field.  

Message 6 of 8 (644 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I also find that there are few who want to play with the off-road races. Shame that!

Message 7 of 8 (610 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@Bileven 

That would be better I think and true, that's why I have cars at multiple levels.  That way if I see a low level car, I can use one of mine.

Message 8 of 8 (583 Views)