Major lags in game after NBA Live Mobile App Update

by Stormshadey

Original Post

Major lags in game after NBA Live Mobile App Update

★ Apprentice

Product: NBA Live Mobile
Platform:Apple iPhone
Summarize your bug Since the app update yesterday, I've been experiencing lags in the game on various occassion e.g. during 5v5 game play in showdown yesterday, and I just experienced lag in the draft blitz event when I was shooting free throws. The game starts to crawl when it happens.
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I see other gamers reporting the same thing on the NBA Live Mobile reddit.
What happens when the bug occurs? The game starts to crawl
What do you expect to see? Resolve this. Or if there's some graphic setting that's causing this problem, how to set up my phone so it doesn't lag. I've tried it on the 6s and 6.

See above.

Message 1 of 18 (1,796 Views)

Re: Major lags in game after NBA Live Mobile App Update

Community Manager

@Stormshadey 

Hey there! Sorry to hear it's lagging for you in game, but it's possible we can clear this up through some easy steps. Have you tried rebooting your network (if you're always playing at the same location) or restarted your iPhone yet? 

If you linked up your game progress to Facebook or your Apple account you can safely delete the app and reinstall it without losing any progress. 

iOS Mobile Troubleshooting

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/mobile/troubleshooting-steps-for-ios-apps/

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 18 (1,736 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yes, I've tried it on both wifi, and cellular network, force shut all my apps, did a power down and power up of the iPhone, and it still lags from time to time quite noticeably. The thing that I have also noticed is the phone seems to heat up when the lag takes place. Sometimes, say when I'm the middle of a blitz or 5v5 game, if I pause the game for a while, it actually resumes normally, and sometimes the lag persists.

Message 3 of 18 (1,731 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The issue is not exclusive to him, a large number of people have reported it on the NBA Live Mobile subreddit, I am encountering the same issue on an iPhone X so it's not an issue of device age.

Message 4 of 18 (1,719 Views)

★★★ Novice

It is happening on android platforms as well. The screen froze a bit every 1 second whenever I play on the court 

Message 5 of 18 (1,712 Views)

★ Apprentice

Ok I've reinstalled the game, reset network settings, still laggy at random times in the game.

Message 6 of 18 (1,683 Views)

Community Manager

@Stormshadey 

Which specific modes does it lag and does it happen on both WiFi and mobile network?

Blueberry.png
Message 7 of 18 (1,674 Views)

★ Apprentice

It's been very random i.e. from auction house, to store, to showdown, to the current campaign, you name it. And yes, it's been happening on both WiFi and mobile. The tell-tale sign coupled with the slowness is the phone starts to heat up. I'm not sure if that's the cause or the effect, but it hasn't happened to me before the app update. I've even force shut all background apps and just have the game open, and the same thing happens.

I mean based on the feedback that I'm seeing on twitter and reddit, it seems like it's more broadbased than just iOS since the Android users are facing the same issue. So maybe it was some tweak to the program made during the last update that's consuming unnecessary computing/memory resources and not returning it after use?

Message 8 of 18 (1,660 Views)

Lagging bad

★★★ Newbie

I enjoy playing this game..it started lagging after new maintenance update..

Message 9 of 18 (1,551 Views)

Community Manager

@Stormshadey @gmoney14256 @RithyDanger @BobbyPlayDLiveTV 

Wanted to drop in and let you know the team is still investigating this. We'll do our best to provide you an update on this as soon as we hear back from the studio. Hope the gameplay has improved for you in the meantime and if you're aware of any workaround fixes that can help others, it's always appreciated!

Blueberry.png
Message 10 of 18 (1,506 Views)