Relationships removed 12/5/23 update

by Jerea333

Original Post

Relationships removed 12/5/23 update

★★ Novice

Any possible guidance on why all of my existing relationships have been removed? No one knows anyone. Thanks 

Message 1 of 4 (157 Views)

Re: Relationships removed 12/5/23 update

@Jerea333 All of them? That's very odd. If you load a previous version of your save, are they there? Test this without mods.

Sul sul!
I don't work for EA, and I don't do private support.
I do receive products from EA as part of the EA Creator Network.
Have you backed up your Saves? Checked for broken and updated mods/CC?
Message 2 of 4 (133 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes every relationship. Even people that live together don’t know each other. Also everyone was fired from their jobs. My simconomy is about to crash considering noone is working. Lol!! :0 

So what I did was removed my most recent saves since I noticed the change which was right after the 12/5/23 update. But guess what? That did not make a difference. I plan to play with the save files to see if that makes a difference. I’m not sure if it’s mod related but it may be. Idk what to do honestly lol 

Thanks for responding to me so quickly Standard smile

Message 3 of 4 (117 Views)

@Jerea333 If you have mods and the problem started when it did, there's a very high chance a mod is causing it to keep happening. Check the lists in Broken/Updated Mods . If those don't solve your issue, you might need to do a 50-50 on your Mods folder. This means organizing the files there into bite-size batches (with any files they require, like XML Injector or a Core Library mod or mesh) and testing one batch at a time. For each test, delete the file called localthumbcache, then put only that batch in Mods. If your game behaves as you expect, set that batch aside as "cleared" and delete localthumbcache again. If it doesn't behave as you expect, take out half the batch and see if you're closer to finding the culprit. Remember to delete localthumbcache each time. You'll find some 50-50 method tutorials online too. Once you isolate the file, you can go find out if there's an updated version.

Sul sul!
I don't work for EA, and I don't do private support.
I do receive products from EA as part of the EA Creator Network.
Have you backed up your Saves? Checked for broken and updated mods/CC?
Message 4 of 4 (102 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help