Can you beat a Sage in a duel in ROM?

by GiardiniDiMarzo

Original Post

Can you beat a Sage in a duel in ROM?

★★★★★ Expert

Hi I wanted to ask if you too can never beat the sages of the Magic Realm in a duel. My Sim is at the highest level of magical knowledge, knows all the spells and potions and has completed all the aspirations of the expansion, but still I can never defeat those 3 with the rune on their heads. Do you have suggestions? Or is it impossible by default?

Message 1 of 5 (1,692 Views)

Re: Can you beat a Sage in a duel in ROM?

Champion

@GiardiniDiMarzo 

Hi!  My sims have won a number of duels with the sages.  It seems kind of random though.  The times my sims have beaten a sage, they did not win another sage duel immediately afterward.  I'm not sure if it will help, but perhaps you could try getting your sim confident, energized or focused before the duel.   My sims tend to have these almost constantly due to their traits (and perhaps a bit from mods :-).

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 2 of 5 (1,674 Views)

Hero

@GiardiniDiMarzo 

Like @JonaO703 said, it can be done.  But it can take a while.  

One strategy I use is to duel one of them repeatedly for as long as I can.  Sometimes, I get lucky and beat them on the 2nd or 3rd try.  Other times, it might 5 or 6 attempts.  And sometimes, I won't beat them on a visit.  Beating them is the only way to get a couple of the wands and the crystal zoomers for the collection that I have found. So just keep at it, you will win one eventually!!  Large smile 

One other thing I have noticed in my game, is that the Sages also show up out in my worlds.  L. Fabia and Simeon tend to be used a lot for joggers and walkbys in my game.  Morgyn never seems to show up anywhere outside of Magic HQ.  I may be completely wrong, but when I battle them away from Magic AHQ, it seems to me that my sim beats them more often.  So, you might give that a try if you see one on the street.  

Hope this helps.

Message 3 of 5 (1,647 Views)

Champion

@CGrant56 good observation about how it might be easier to beat the sages in a magic duel outside of the Magic Realm! 💡😀

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 5 (1,626 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@JonaO703 @PugLove888 @CGrant56 

Thank you so much with all the suggestions you provided, I will try again! Wish me luck!

Message 5 of 5 (1,612 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help