Re: Can't access Online Features of Mass Effect Andromeda

by CrazeOK

Original Post

★★ Novice

2/19/2021 - This problem still exists and they still don't know how to fix it.

Message 31 of 37 (3,001 Views)

★★★ Novice

19-04-2011 - Yeah, same here. Issue is still happening. And I think Contact EA chat is currently down.

Message 32 of 37 (2,774 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ok, I just contacted EA via chat and described the error in detail with an image attachment.
It took them about 5min to fix it. So that's nice, but it's weird that this issue happens in the first place and isn't fixed for everyone yet.

For anyone still struggling with this issue, message that I sent:

Hello, I hope you are doing well.

I own the base edition of Mass Effect: Andromeda.
I can't access Online Features of the game. I've tried uninstalling the game and reinstalling as well as repairing the game. I also checked if the UDP and TCP ports for ME:A are open.

The error that I'm getting is:
Missing Online Access
You are not allowed to access the online features of this game. See http://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/not-able-to-connect-to-online-play/ for additional information.
I also sent an image of the error.

I've read on EA Answer HQ that people are experiencing the same issue as described here:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Mass-Effect-Andromeda/Can-t-access-Online-Features-of-Mass-Effect-Andromed...

As I understand it, the problem is somehow connected to expired Origin Access and retail version of the game. The solution for the problem (as people in the EA Answer HQ wrote) seems to be removing the game from the account and then adding it again.

So to sum up:
1. I bought the game on launch.
2. I was able to play multiplayer and access all online features of the game.
3. Then I had Origin Access for a month.
4. It expired.
5. And now for some reason I can't access online ME:A.

Thank you for your assistance

Message 33 of 37 (2,761 Views)

★★ Novice

I had the same issue after 1 Month of "EA Play Pro". I had 2 chats with the support.

Solutions that did not work

- Reinstalling the game

- Deleting Origin Cache

- Removing and readding the game to the list by the support

- Adding Deluxe Edition by the support

Solution that did work for me

Fixing permissions by the support (origin access / ea play permissions or something like that - i am not sure what the support did there)

The sad thing is that this issue exists since years and i am afraid that it will reappear when i use "EA Play Pro" for one month again :-(

Message 34 of 37 (2,438 Views)

★ Guide

Unfortunately this problem still exists, I was lucky that the technical support was online and quickly fixed everything, they promised that I would not have this problem again (but why can't they fix it for all users at once?!).

Message 35 of 37 (1,962 Views)

★ Novice

I have this same issue, but it seems that the support became unusable, I have tried to mail them 20+ times, and 2 caht session, and they don't even read what I write, few years ago the support was great but now......, it's a shame that EA cannot operate a usable support.

Message 36 of 37 (1,584 Views)

Community Manager

Hey everyone, 

The initial post has gotten pretty old, to prevent further necro posting I will be locking this thread. 

If you are currently running into an issue with MEA please make a new post and we can provide any relevant information. 

Thanks!

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 37 of 37 (1,378 Views)