Re: ME2 cerberus network ERROR PC

by holger1405

Original Post

ME2 cerberus network ERROR PC

★★★ Newbie

I bought the mass effect trilogy from origin for pc, ME2 had some dlc included but to play them i have to log in with cerberus network.

My problem is that cerberus network wont even open, every time this error message shows: Communication with the mass effect 2 server was interrupted or has timed out, please try again later.

I've already contacted ea support but it changed nothing, i just recieved an email with a new cerberus network code, unfortunately there was no code in this mail, probrably forgotten, and still this isn't my problem, I cant put a new code if i cant even reach the login screen.

every time i just get the error

Message 1 of 4 (420 Views)

Community Manager

@VegeRhospo Hmm this sounds like more of a connection issue than a code one. Can you try adding Origin and the game to your exceptions lists for your firewall and anti-virus, and/or try launching Origin and the game in administrator mode. 

There does seem to be a Cerberus code on the account at least.

Thanks, let us know how you get on hopefully this helps to move things forward. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 4 (398 Views)

★★★ Newbie

firewall is off and anti virus has ME2 has an exception, i run the game as administrator but still nothing, i still get that error when i try to log in with cerberus network.

Message 3 of 4 (390 Views)

[ Edited ]

@VegeRhospo Try to Restart your router and shut down your antivirus. (I know you have a exception, but lets make sure)

If that not helps shout down the firewall of your Router too. (Don't forget to enable the firewall after testing.)

If that not helps here is a EA connection troubleshooting guide.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 4 of 4 (382 Views)