Why are players retiring prematurely in Madden NFL 16

by Redwoodmp33

Original Post

Why are players retiring prematurely in Madden NFL 16

★★ Newbie

You guys pride yourselves on how realistic madden is supposed to be. Please explain to me why players are retiring so prematurely in connected franchise mode. I played the 2015 season and won the super bowl with the patriots, and Tom Brady, who in real life has publicly stated that he wants to play well into his 40's, subsequently retired at age 38, still a 99 overall. After the 2016 season, it has gotten even more horrendous. Players like WR Vincent Jackson, 34, 89 OVR, QB Carson Palmer, 37, QB Philip Rivers, 35, QB Tony Romo, 36, FS Reggie Nelson, 33, LOLB Rob Ninkovich, 33, WR Larry Fitzgerald, 33, 95 OVR, SS Antoine Bethea, 32, and probably more horrendous ones to come have all just retired. Why? Why is the game programmed to have so many players retiring in their early to mid 30's? I can see one or two every now and then, and especially if they're declined significantly, but to have players above 90 OVR retiring in their early 30s is just downright ridiculous. I am truly disappointed at how often this happens. And to top it off, it is now significantly harder to develop young players to fill such holes left by players retiring prematurely. I have been a fan of this game for years and years and this is absolutely stupid

Message 1 of 1 (2,640 Views)