Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Stuck on "Searching for Opponent" in MUT H2H

by mpelletier90

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Stuck on "Searching for Opponent" in MUT H2H

★★★★ Newbie

Every single time I try to play H2H, it goes to the searching for opponent screen and eventually kicks me back to the online seasons menu. I have tried everything: un-installed, re-installed, cycled power multiple times (my internet is not an issue at all). I'm really hoping someone can help me out, I haven't been able to play a single game online, (which is why I bought the game) and I'm heavily leaning towards getting a refund if I can't get this resolved. I'm on XB1 if it makes a difference, have the physical copy as well.

Message 1 of 23 (17,972 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Stuck on "Searching for Opponent" in MUT H2H

★★★★ Novice
well guys, I know you're sick of having this problem, I've dealt with it for several weeks. but this is what I did yesterday, and since I did, its been working without any issues. no guarantee it will work for YOU, but I feel your pain and want to help. so try this; take your game out of the console, and completely shut it down, hold power button for 7 sec or so. unplug EVERYTHING, power cord, ethernet cable, router, modem, whatever u have, unplug it. I waited bout 10 min then plugged everything back in, wait til your signed back in to Xbox live and reinsert your game. from there I went straight to MUT and had no issue. takes me like 35 sec in searching for opponent. really hope it helps

View in thread

Message 9 of 23 (21,701 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Newbie

I have this same issue!  anything resolve it?

Message 2 of 23 (17,937 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I've wasted more time on the phone with EA trying to figure this out than I would like to admit, but no, they have no clue what the problem is, and quite frankly, I don't think they care. it's the same problem every year, they have no reason to make a better game. people will continue to buy their *, but not I. I'm done with EA and I'm done with madden
Message 3 of 23 (17,933 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Perfectly described, I'm having the exact same problem since 2 days now. I'm so pissed right now. Got some new players and am ready to make the playoffs but for some reason the problem showed up 2 days ago!

Message 4 of 23 (17,916 Views)

★★★★ Novice

No one from EA is going to help us here or what?

Message 5 of 23 (17,906 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

Anyone hear anything??? This is *. I've had the game for a month now and still cant play online MUT season.

Message 6 of 23 (17,881 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Same here STILL! This is absolutely ridiculous EA. At least help us out..... daaang.
Message 7 of 23 (17,810 Views)

★★★★ Novice
the latest information I received from EA, is that the problem isn't coming from their end, its from mine. But they couldnt actually tell me what to do about it. which I have a hard time believing because I've read about so many other people having the same issue. like I said, they don't care, why should they? people are still going to buy their *ty game. I hate EA
Message 8 of 23 (17,804 Views)

★★★★ Novice
well guys, I know you're sick of having this problem, I've dealt with it for several weeks. but this is what I did yesterday, and since I did, its been working without any issues. no guarantee it will work for YOU, but I feel your pain and want to help. so try this; take your game out of the console, and completely shut it down, hold power button for 7 sec or so. unplug EVERYTHING, power cord, ethernet cable, router, modem, whatever u have, unplug it. I waited bout 10 min then plugged everything back in, wait til your signed back in to Xbox live and reinsert your game. from there I went straight to MUT and had no issue. takes me like 35 sec in searching for opponent. really hope it helps
Message 9 of 23 (21,702 Views)

★★★★ Novice
and even if you think your internet is perfectly fine, it may still resolve it. because my internet connection was good, other games I had no problem. But for whatever reason, this strategy worked for me and hopefully will work for you.
Message 10 of 23 (17,792 Views)

fifa-19-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help