❗️macOS Monterey and new Sims 4 update - crashing problems

by jealth16

Original Post

Re: macOS Monterey and new Sims 4 update - crashing problems

★★★★ Novice
@SimQARobo Here is what I could find:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><report><version>2</version><sessionid>3b1174201f36a70f60561eeb</sessionid><type>crash</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4.15.mac</sku><createtime>2021-03-20 16:15:48</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.71.86.1220-1.200.000.490.Release</buildsignature><systemconfig></systemconfig><categoryid> 0xf1f9a0</categoryid><stack> 0xf1f9a0 0x3d7d</stack><threads></threads><screenshot></screenshot><memdump></memdump><contextdata>Client Session Time: 200.96<br />Num Save Errors: 0<br />Num Load Errors: 0<br />Current Game State: 0xbe7da869<br />Origin Version: 10,5,94,46774<br />Modded: False<br />SystemInfo: Mac OS X Version 10.16 (Build 20D91) GPU: Intel Iris Plus Graphics macOS Metal driver 0.0.0.0<br />(baseaddr) 0x101fbd000,'The Sims 4' 0x7fff2058f000,'libsystem_platform.dylib'(/baseaddr)</contextdata></report>
Message 11 of 60 (2,203 Views)

@jealth16

Do you have any more recent ones? That one is from March and shows the OS as Big Sur.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 12 of 60 (2,197 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice
  1. @Bluebellflorait might be because it hasn’t technically ‘crashed’ the times I’ve gone on since updating - it’s just frozen and I’ve had to manually shut my computer down. Not sure if that would make a difference? I’ll take a look though.
Message 13 of 60 (2,193 Views)

@jealth16

Try the disabling Origin in-game settings https://bluebellflora.com/2017/12/23/disable-origin-in-game/

AHQSigImage.png
Message 14 of 60 (2,187 Views)

freezing in build mode?

★★★★ Novice

hey all!

i recently bought cottage living and have been so excited to build a cute little farmhouse. I'm a pretty avid builder, so I know my 2020 MacBook pro 13" can handle it. my specs are also far above the minimum for the game. but, for some reason, the game freezes pretty regularly and I have to force quit (which has undone a lot of progress). I've repaired the game and turned down the graphics, but it still happens. this is super frustrating and I was just wondering if anyone else has had the same issue and found a workaround/fix. thank you!

Message 15 of 60 (2,101 Views)

Re: Game Keeps Crashing/Not Responding Nov 2021

★★★★ Novice

i'm having this same issue on a 2020 13" Macbook Pro with 32GB RAM and a 2.3 GHz quad-core Intel i7. I have a feeling it's not necessarily an issue with the computer but the game itself. 

Message 16 of 60 (2,062 Views)

Re: freezing in build mode?

★★★★ Novice

in terms of specs, I have a 13" 2020 Macbook Pro running macOS Monterey 12.0.1 with a 2.3 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7, 32 GB RAM, and Intel Iris Plus Graphics 1536 MB. I've never used any mods or CC either. 

Message 17 of 60 (2,061 Views)

@milkbythe1975

There's quite a few people reporting this with Intel chips running Monterey. I've merged your post into this one. Did it happen with your previous OS?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 18 of 60 (2,041 Views)

★ Novice

Same issue as everyone else, right after Monterey version 12.0.1 was released I updated my MAC

Running a desktop - iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017)

I haven't been able to launch the game since. I can get onto Origin no problem, have repaired and updated the game. Even restarted my computer a few times since the release. I was literally playing earlier in the day before I updated the system. No custom content or anything. 

Message 19 of 60 (2,023 Views)

[ Edited ]

@jacsayshi 

Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

Providing full specs always helps. I think your Mac has Intel graphics too but listing the specs will confirm.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 20 of 60 (2,006 Views)