Sims 4 files

by RaydenSimmer

Original Post

Sims 4 files

★★★ Newbie

i accidentally deleted my cc folder for sims 4 and i have no idea how to get it back, i don’t care about the contents in the file but do i have to uninstall the reinstall the whole sims 4 game to get that one file back in my finder ?

Message 1 of 6 (172 Views)

missing cc file

★★★ Newbie

a few months ago i needed to make room on my computer and i stopped playing the sims so i deleted my cc folder to get rid of all the room it was taking up on my computer. but now im trying to get back into it, but i cant find the file. ive deleted the game and redownloaded it and it still didnt come with. do i delete all the files and then delete the game ?? i need help please

Message 2 of 6 (169 Views)

Re: missing cc file

★★★★ Guide
@RaydenSimmer Are you talking about being able to locate the mods folder itself? If this is the issue, you will need to run the game and make sure you enable custom content in the Other tab of the Game Options menu (then restart the game for this to take effect). When you've done this, the game should generate a new Mods folder for you inside the Sims 4 folder.
(If this folder is not what you're missing, I'm just not quite clear what file you're looking for.)
Message 3 of 6 (155 Views)

Re: Sims 4 files

@RaydenSimmer

Do you mean the Mods folder in Electronic Arts > The Sims 4? If so, relaunch the game, check you have Mods enabled in the Game Options and it will be recreated.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 4 of 6 (155 Views)

★★★ Newbie

yeah that didn’t work. and again i deleted the game and redownloaded it so i dont know what to do

Message 5 of 6 (149 Views)

@RaydenSimmer 

I'm not sure why you uninstalled and reinstalled the game when the Mods folder, and content within, is accessible in the Sims 4 user data folder and the in-game options of enabling/disabling 3rd party content is also controlled via the Options.ini file in the Sims 4 folder.

We can search for your Mods folder. Open Terminal (Applications > Utilities) and copy and paste the following command then hit Enter/Return:

find ~ -type d -name "*Mods*" 2>/dev/null

After a little while it will return the results of the search. Please copy and paste the results in a post here.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 6 of 6 (144 Views)