Sims 4 crashing issues.

by GraceLu

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 crashing issues.

★★★ Novice
My the sims 4 are having graphic issue (I think). It only occurs during gameplay. There's like distorted/glitch graphic then suddenly the screen stuck. I wish I could screen capture to show it. Can someone help me? Btw I'm using iMac from late 2012, 21"
Message 1 of 6 (332 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 crashing issues.

★★★ Novice

Hey, so I've update my driver and I'm still having the same problem. Then I just change the screen to widowed and with medium resolution it works fine now. Although i wish i could play in full view Frown. Anyway, thanks for your thread Wink

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (323 Views)

All Replies

@GraceLu

Your Mac has an NVIDIA 640M or 650M graphics card right? And are you running OS X 10.11.5 El Capitan? If so please read this post in the El Capitan thread - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/CURRENT-ISSUE-OS-X-El-Capitan-The-Sims-4-and-NVIDIA-graphics/m...

You may need to manually update your graphics driver in order to play again.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 6 (321 Views)

★★★ Novice

Mine is NVIDIA 640. And yes I'm running OS X 10.11.5 El Capitan. Thanks for the reply. I'll try to follow the thread and update the progress Standard smile

Message 3 of 6 (314 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hey, so I've update my driver and I'm still having the same problem. Then I just change the screen to widowed and with medium resolution it works fine now. Although i wish i could play in full view Frown. Anyway, thanks for your thread Wink

Message 4 of 6 (324 Views)

[ Edited ]

@GraceLu

Thanks for the update Standard smile

Are you using the NVIDIA driver or the OS X one? Can you switch to whichever one you're not currently using and try in windowed mode with medium resolution? The NVIDIA settings are in System Preferences. Your outcome may be really useful to others suffering with this problem in El Capitan.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 5 of 6 (298 Views)

★★★ Novice

I tried to change both to NVIDIA driver and the OS X. The results are still the same. Still having the same crashing issues. So I change back to OS X and put windowed mode with medium resolution and adjust the screen to my liking (just set below 1920 x 1080 display ). The gameplay is very smooth now without any bugs or crashing. But I don't recommend using mods. I tried to play 'Get to Work' as a detective and it works fine. No crashing while working at the police station or performing task. I hope this will help with the other players who use iMac with El Capitan Standard smile 

Message 6 of 6 (258 Views)