My Sims4 isn't working

by kayla11712

Original Post

My Sims4 isn't working

★★★ Newbie

Some background information... my problem originally started when I made a household with custom content and wanted to download a sim from the gallery to the household... it wasn't letting me, it said something along the lines of, "cannot download newer content" or something like that. So, my idea was to load into the game with my household, save and exit, load back in and use cheats togo back to create a sim and add the sim to my household... sadly after choosing a lot for my household I was stuck on the loading screen for about half an hour till I gave up and exited from the Sims. I couldn't load back into the sims 4 so I tried uninstalling the sims 4 and tried to reinstall it which origin wouldn't allow. So I deleted origin from my applications on my Mac and reinstalled it... I did this process at least 3 times then gave up. I looked for solutions online till I gave up and reached out to EA support and the person walked me through deleting it "the hard way.' I reinstalled origin and logged on but, got a message saying that the services were temporarily down. When I went to the origin website and logged in I saw the sims 4 in my game library but, when I click on it, it says to either install origin or open origin and I tried both by deleting origin through my applications. But, when clicking on open origin it asks for a product code which I don't have... its a digital copy and I bought the game way back in 2014 so any code received via email is long gone. I refuse to buy a new product code since that is unfair and when searching the sims 4 in the store it wants me to pay for some monthly service and receive a expansion pack I already paid for which is just ridiculous. I don't know what to do and I just want my game fixed Im so over this sh*t. I guess I gotta speak to another representative if no one has a solution... I even tried looking up free codes online lol. ANY FEEDBACK WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!! THANK YOU!!!

Message 1 of 3 (455 Views)

Re: My Sims4 isn't working

Hero (Retired)
@kayla11712 Moved your post to the Sims Mac forum so you can get better help with your issue.
Message 2 of 3 (431 Views)

Re: My Sims4 isn't working

@kayla11712

Are you running OSX 10.10.5 Yosemite?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 3 of 3 (411 Views)