Revenant's crouch walk is too loud

by NagTheNaggy

Original Post

Revenant's crouch walk is too loud

★ Guide

I swear his crouch walk has gotten louder. Am I the only one? What's the point of fast crouch walk if it is as loud as running. It's supposed to be quiet so you can get the jump on people. It should be made silent so Revenant can be sneaky again. He has the loudest crouch walk in the game. Please fix this Respawn!

Message 1 of 12 (2,290 Views)

Re: Revenant's crouch walk is too loud

★★ Expert
@NagTheNaggy Enemies can’t hear it.
It’s annoying, but enemies shouldn’t be hearing anything, only you.
Message 2 of 12 (2,240 Views)

★ Novice
@Sir_Named That's a bug and enemies can hear it.
Message 3 of 12 (2,210 Views)

★★ Expert
@Eoners How do you know?
Because enemies aren’t supposed to hear any legend’s footsteps when the legend is crouched. Not sure why it’d stop applying to Revenant.
Message 4 of 12 (2,205 Views)

★ Guide
@Sir_Named I tested it in firing range with my friend. All the legends' footsteps are silent but Revenant's is noticeably louder. There's no way you can use it to sneak up on someone unless there are gunshots going off or they have a horrible headset. It is very noticeable.
Message 5 of 12 (2,177 Views)

★★ Expert
@NagTheNaggy Hmm, that’s odd.
Maybe it’s a firing range glitch? In any case, it must be rare or something, since I haven’t heard of this a lot.
Message 6 of 12 (2,167 Views)

★ Novice
@Sir_Named dude, revenant is supposed to make zero sound while crouching, that's the whole point. There are videos of players clearly hearing revenant's crouch quite loud and people tested it in firing range. It's a bug that should be addressed ASAP.
Message 7 of 12 (2,126 Views)

★★ Expert
@Eoners
All legends make zero sound when crouching, Revenant just has the ability to move faster.

I’ll take your word for it then. I haven’t experienced this.
Message 8 of 12 (2,096 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I completely understand where you're coming from! ...I think atleast? Although I do believe Revenant's crouch walk has always seemed kinda "louder" than others because of his faster crouch walk speed. It almost seems as if the audio is playing faster- to match his speed maybe? When I crouch walk slower, the audio slows down aswell. Not sure if that's what you're referring to?

But there is proximity to take into account- It IS gonna sound louder for you- and only you (as it's been mentioned). But I don't believe it's completely silent for enemies...?

I coulda sworn I could hear people sneaking before... maybe I'm mistaken

Message 9 of 12 (2,045 Views)

★★ Expert
@StarMystro From what I know, crouching is supposed to be completely silent for enemies.
I could be wrong, but I have a lot of trust in that fact.

Here’s a source: https://gamerant.com/apex-legends-how-to-play-revenant/
Message 10 of 12 (2,022 Views)