This Game is Irritating

by HopesKunai

Original Post

This Game is Irritating

★★★ Pro

I do not know why i did return to play apex after 2 years or so.

I guess it was a mistake.

No steps makes for a miserable experience.

Cheaters everywhere. Zen is out of control.

1000s of little things, like visual clutter, and screen shake, and you name it, make the game toxicity inducing.

And obviously people become toxic.

Mathchmaking is horrible. too aggressive placing a player up, too slow tuning down. Without taking into account the fail that is ranked.

All in all, thumbs down.

Message 1 of 6 (274 Views)

Re: This Game is Irritating

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Pro

@HopesKunaiTry infuriating.

I really don't understand why I keep playing, TBH.

Message 2 of 6 (255 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@HopesKunai

I'm finding that I'm still improving at the game, even after four years. Of course, the game knows this and matchmakes accordingly. So that any objective sense of improvement is immediately obliterated by ever less-experienced teammates and hyper-aggressive enemies who don't miss a single bullet and will chase you half way around the map, including into a certain loss, as long as it nets them one more kill.

So while I don't have much good to say about sbmm, I do have to admit that I don't see too much of what I would call blatant cheating. Maybe this is a console/PC thing?

Message 3 of 6 (238 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@reconzeroI wish I could say that I am improving. I do not know. If I am, it does not really show.
Lately I started playing no fill solo. Because it makes no difference. Team mates are either looting and not fighting, or just each pushing a different team solo. So, I just push one team at a time solo. At least I know why I will get erased, and it is only on me.

I play on PC. I think cheating at this point is chronic. It grew symbiotic with the game. And I too get a lot of level 1s or so who can hit head-shots with a longbow as if it were an smg.
The cheating. I would not call it blatant in the majority of the situations. I think they are trying hard to hide it. It is walls, and some sort of aimbot that is not so obvious to spot, but they do not miss when it matters.
There is a video on youtube by "g0at", named "the wiggle that killed tarkov". A good watch on the topic of cheating, and a statistic of sort on the amount of cheaters around.

Macros for sure. I often see people strafing in the same exact rhythmic way as if it were a musical base. What gives that away, is that every player has the same rhythm, and the same direction of strafing in the same exact way. Looking at the enemy they go "left to right, then crouch, then right to left, then stand and repeat". I get killed, they engage another opponent, and magically the same pattern appears. again and again and again without missing a beat. Conclusion: they are using a macro. Whether they are on pc, or using a zen i cannot tell, but either or would do it i guess.
Then I start a new match, and unless I keep facing the same enemy, everyone seems to strafe the same exact way as above. As if made with a mold. Identical strafe and rhythm.

For some reason, some players strafe faster than others even when they use a sniper rifle. Not Octane. I am unable to explain/rationalize this, but some strafe faster than others. Sorta of like when dropping from the ship, no matter how soon you drop, some is ALWAYS ahead of you. Glitch? Cheat? I do not know.... but it ALWAYS happens.

And this is in addition to the issue I mentioned before....

Message 4 of 6 (228 Views)

★★★ Expert
@HopesKunai

Yes, I've seen g0at's video. Reinforcing the conviction that, even if I thought I could ever master a mouse and keyboard, I would never play any multiplayer game on PC. Cheater's paradise.
Message 5 of 6 (202 Views)

★★ Expert
@reconzero Indeed. I don't think I've reported as many players since reporting was introduced on PS as I have in these few weeks of PC kids in console Mixtape lobbies. Just reinforces my conviction in never playing video games on PC again.
Even teammates I've had to report because it's just so obvious if you follow them around. Bouncing everywhere, CAR goes brrrr for 0.7 second, and someone you can't even see is apparently dead according to the kill feed. 🤣
Message 6 of 6 (177 Views)