The Trial by Fire Guide (Weirding Woods)!

by TheSprinter85

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The Trial by Fire Guide (Weirding Woods)!

Champion

Hey everyone again,

In here, I am going to cover the "Trial by Fire" activity which is located in Weirding Woods. It is quite simple to start but can also be somewhat difficult, you do need to complete a prerequisite before you can begin this event. By completing this activity in Weirding Woods, you get a total of 2 medals, 1 for the prerequisite and the other for completing the Trial by Fire activity itself. 

The whole process is located exclusively in the Camp-Near-A-Lake area in Weirding Woods, and no other part, meaning you do not need to go far to actually get around to beginning the activity. The entire process, located from start to finish, is located in Weirding Woods. Like some of the other activities that are exclusively located in specific regions, this activity is only located in Weirding Woods and is somewhat secret.

What is the Trial by Fire?

The Trial by Fire is an activity that you can activate after you have completed some prerequisites beforehand. A Spooky Squash will appear when the event is activated and lots of Champion Snapdragons will appear alongside them. To win this activity, you need to defeat the Spooky Squash. That's it. Being vanquished does not make you lose the activity, but running out of the 4 minutes of time you are provided will. You do not want to lose - trust me on this one? How do I know this? Not only do you have to complete the prerequisite again, which can be annoying and frustrating, but you also need to pay 50 Marshmallows. You need to pay 50 Marshmallows to activate the Trial by Fire, so it is pretty costly to attempt. For this reason, be prepared before you take your attempt at this. 

Light the Bonfires (Prerequisite)

Before you can attempt the Trial by Fire activity, you need to first light the campfires. To do this, head to the Blue Fire that is located near where you first appear. Once you first appear in Weirding Woods, first find the Blue Fire. Head left from where you first appear and it should be right there. It is located very close to the Wishing Well. Once you see the Blue Fire, step in it for a while and you will light on fire and take small amounts of damage. Then, what you need to do is light a bunch of bonfires (about 12 I believe) that are around Camp-Near-A-Lake only (no other areas have this). There are some lit bonfires around the place. Step in them for a while and you will be set on fire for a short time and take minor damage. Then, once you are lit, quickly head to a nearby unlit Bonfire and step on it. This will light the Bonfire. There are several located around the place. Something you may want to consider is using a character with high health and/or regeneration, as you can complete this faster as you will not have to worry about being vanquished. 

Lighting the Bonfire: Bonfire.PNG

This is the Blue Fire, when you appear in Weirding Woods, turn left and it should be there:

Blue Fire.PNG

This is the location of the Blue Fire on the Map:

(not the golden gnome - look at the blue arrow where I am standing)Blue Fire Location.PNG

Watch this video to watch someone lighting the Bonfires and complete this Prerequisite activity, this also covers the Trial by Fire event afterwards which is useful if you need help initiating it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siTSm8XuUj4

The Trial by Fire Location

The Trial by Fire can be summoned once you have lit all the Bonfires. It is located close to the lake and the Outhouse Human. There will be a yellow beacon of light once you have lit the Bonfires, so you should not find it hard to see. It is also located near the Bridge if that helps. Again, located in Camp-Near-A-Lake.

Here is the beacon's location:

Trial by Fire Beacon.PNG

Here is where you initiate the Trial by Fire, remember it costs 50 Marshmallows so have them ready beforehand:

Trial by Fire Location.PNG

My Tips for the Trial by Fire!

The physical Trial by Fire activity can prove to be quite difficult. For this reason, I have provided some tips to make it easier:

• To complete this activity, simply vanquish the Spooky Squash within 4 minutes. For this reason, it may be better to target the Spooky Squash, the Champion Snapdragons reappear anyway so it may not be worth trying to vanquish them.
  • Upgrades that improve your regeneration or heal you are really useful, or abilites, also high health is great to have.
  • Having attacks and abilities that deal a lot of damage are really useful as you can vanquish the Spooky Squash faster, and the enemies if you wish to vanquish them.
  • Move a distance away if you find you are being surrounded, however the Snapdragons may follow you so you may need to move a fair distance away first or continue moving around. You can do this to regenerate and get your abilities back.
  • Consider your character and their equipped upgrades before you attempt the Trial by Fire.

I made a video on me doing the Trial by Fire, you can watch it here: http://gameclips.io/DefenseGuy35/fe7f50b3-4bc2-424c-af87-b260e42421c9

The Medals you Get!

Once you have completed both of the activities, you get these 2 medals:

• Carry the Torch - you get this medal by lighting the Bonfires, which is the prerequisite activity.
  • Roasted Root Vegetables - you get this medal when you successfully complete the Trial by Fire.

Conclusion

So, while this activity may seem very difficult, being vanquished at any point does not make you fail the Trial by Fire, but running out of time does, so that is very important to consider and to try and avoid as well, because you will have to repeat the process and pay 50 more Marshmallows. You will have to complete these activities to actually be able to complete your Weirding Woods region, so try to make time to invest in this at some point!

Thanks for everyone's respectfulness!

Regards

@TheSprinter85 

Message 1 of 12 (7,139 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: The Trial by Fire Guide (Weirding Woods)!

★★★★ Expert
@TheSprinter85 Wow! Helpful text guide and even a video is included.
The both of you did an amazing job!
I’ll use this guide once I revisit Weirding Woods!

View in thread

Message 2 of 12 (7,117 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Expert
@TheSprinter85 Wow! Helpful text guide and even a video is included.
The both of you did an amazing job!
I’ll use this guide once I revisit Weirding Woods!
Message 2 of 12 (7,118 Views)

Champion
@benn1nat0r Thanks as always for your awesome feedback!
Message 3 of 12 (7,075 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@TheSprinter85 Are you going to do guides about the multiplayer maps by chance?
Message 4 of 12 (7,044 Views)

Champion
@Cameroid07 I intend to do PvP guides soon, you are correct. I will be doing guides for general PvP, Battle Arena, Team Vanquish, Turf Takeover and Reviving. That’s what I have planned so far.
Message 5 of 12 (7,018 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks this was really helpful

Message 6 of 12 (876 Views)

Champion

I made these guides ages ago, and I am very glad players are still finding them useful. I will create some more if we get some sort of changes to any of the shooter games. You are welcome @SquareGD .

Message 7 of 12 (856 Views)

Community Manager

@TheSprinter85 The guides are wonderful. Can you update any of them you have with any new or updated info about them?

Would love to keep these guides refreshed and push them to the top of the threads so more players can see them!

Cheers!

EA_ShepardAHQ

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 8 of 12 (697 Views)

Champion

Thank you for your response @EA_Shepard! I do have a pinned thread containing all of the guides I have created in the past. I'm not sure if I should update any of these guides unfortunately, although I will review them and see if they need some edits or such. I was also thinking of creating some more guides in the near future as well, so they could be added to my pinned collection of guides. I did have lots of fun coming up with and creating these guides! Standard smile

Message 9 of 12 (670 Views)

Community Manager

@TheSprinter85 That is my plan for this year. More guides, helpful tips, and pure engagement. The only reason I say update any of them as just about any edits bumps it to the top in case they cannot be pinned for any reason, but the fun part is what we want more of. 

EA_ShepardAHQ

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 10 of 12 (656 Views)