THE MAPS OF BATTLEFIELD V: OPERATION UNDERGROUND

by EA_Atic

Original Post

Re: THE MAPS OF BATTLEFIELD V: OPERATION UNDERGROUND

★★★ Novice

I just watch streams of BF3 and played BF1-4-5. This game’s maps are horrible. I mean i am addicted of FPS and this maps makes me suffer. Especially nearly 200m wide open fields in every damn map. They need recover game right now. 

Message 11 of 27 (738 Views)

★★ Pro
@Kutlu-Kiyak I was asking, because the original Metro map ist build very similar. A Metro section in the middle and outside sections on each end. I just feel like underground is somewhat smaller, maybe someone can confirm/deny that.
The community asked for this map and got it. In my eyes it feels very similar to the old one, just gives some more flanking options.
Concidering the wide open feels on the maps: that is pretty much what Battlefield is about. You should look at some of the older versions like 1942 or BF2. However, you don't have to play those maps. There are different playlists on the servers and some are only playing the infantry/close range maps like Marita, Devastation, Fjell, Narvik and now Operation Underground.
Message 12 of 27 (737 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Atic new map has majjor performance issues.... many ppl having extreme poor frame rates.. pls some 1 fix this
Message 13 of 27 (717 Views)

Operation Underground is map that BFV needed.. Really cool map, i love it.! Good job EA / DICE Standard smile
_______________________ EA AHQ_______________________

- Is my answer helpful.? -> Please grant + XP
- If my post solved your problem or answered your question. -> Please Accept as Solution.
- BF1 & BFV DICE FRIEND - WindowsManTv_CZE || Twitter: WindowsManTv

CCP Hero Banner 1 Grande.png

Message 14 of 27 (698 Views)

★★★ Guide

Overall it's a fun map, lots of action and adrenaline.

However I wish it was a bit more complex with more routs. Sometimes there are choke points where neither of the teams can advance because bullets are flying non-stop. You die instantly if you lean out.

Message 15 of 27 (684 Views)

★★ Pro
@GUTENTAAAAG That is exactly what Operation Metro was about and the community wanted to have again. This map even has more routes than the old version. Operation Metro was often described as a clusterf*** and people loved it so much, that there were numerous 24/7 Metro servers. Standard smile
Message 16 of 27 (687 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

So! ( @EA_Atic Wink)

My eyes are a little red but i have play to underground with lot of fun. The old players will recognize passages of operation metro, but overall the map has been well reworked.

Like vertical fight on A, intense and close fight on B, and last stand in manor on C. Parallel way really change the game, here where metro block at some times.

Graphism are cool and the changing water level is nice. Not a fan of weapon as Mg42 but in this map it's a reall pleasure ^^.

We find a real infantry map as we would have liked to see with provence and lofoten island.

Good job Dice and see you in the Pacific!

Message 17 of 27 (678 Views)

★★ Pro

I have to agree with @Thee-Pickasso  after playing Operation Underground a little bit more. The new map doesn´t run as well, maybe due to there being so many players in close range. I would still like to see some improvments here ( I don´t have the money for a new GPU :D )

Something else I just realized: with the tides of war/ battlefest you are supposted to get revives, heals and resupplys, but for some reason doing any of these for a squad mate, the points don´t get counted for the assignment.

Message 18 of 27 (672 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@EA_Atic I'm really happy with this map, Al Sundan its great too, Operation Underground its a Kind of map the community i
Message 19 of 27 (669 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

Other than the drop in FPS issue, I think the map is great overall. I do see that I end up with a TON of squad points, and I don't see myself using the squad call-in smoke or supply drops all that often though. That's because much of the map gets stalemated at underground B. Not sure what else could be added in terms of squad call ins though - a bicycle or a mini-paradropped motorcycle (image below)? Then we can get roadkills and flank faster Standard smile I hope to see Private servers soon with a higher ticket count.

qs0xt5uib1gy.jpg

If you found this post helpful, please leave XP.
If you disagree, please leave a comment.
Either way, it helps to make the post more informative.

I like game design - from itty bitty bugs to big ideas.
I don't work for EA.

Join us on our Easter Egg hunt.
Message 20 of 27 (662 Views)