Second ban in years result in a perma ban

by SrGalletitoGG

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Second ban in years result in a perma ban

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have my EA account since September 2019. Over the course of more than 4 years, I have received only two sanctions: a one-week suspension in 2022, and the latest one in January 2024, which has resulted in a permanent ban:

Reasons? Saying <removed> in Apex Legends:

Technically, they are supposed to issue a warning before taking any measures, in accordance with the official terms https://www.ea.com/es-es/legal/user-agreement :

https://imgur.com/am5h0PD

However, I did not receive a single warning for either of the two bans.

And don't you think this is very disproportionate? Of course, I understand that my behavior was not appropriate, and I would accept a week ban or something similar. However, a permanent ban in this situation seems highly exaggerated. Could someone help me?

[CM - Edited to remove attachment containing inappropriate language]

Message 1 of 16 (715 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Second ban in years result in a perma ban

★★★★★ Apprentice
Why do you keep getting in trouble for hateful conduct just put push to talk on bro

View in thread

Message 4 of 16 (646 Views)

All Replies

@SrGalletitoGG 

Sorry to hear what happened to you.

Here on AHQ we cannot assist with account actions.

Technically EA does not have to issue any warnings.

If you believe that a sanction (Suspension/Ban) placed on your account was by mistake you should reach out to the Terms of Service team https://help.ea.com/za/help/account/information-about-locked-or-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

The needs of the many,
outweigh the needs of the few or one. --Spock--

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Please note: I am a community volunteer – I do not work for EA.
Me Too – If you also have this problem – first post on thread has this button.
XP – For helpful comments (and to help others 'level up').
Mark As Solution – To help others find the answer to the issue now & in the future.
Message 2 of 16 (682 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

wow that's pretty ridiculous...
just never chat in american game , the whole dictionary is ToS with them.

Glad i never spend  money on this game when you see how disgusting this is.

Message 3 of 16 (678 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Why do you keep getting in trouble for hateful conduct just put push to talk on bro
Message 4 of 16 (647 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@Asmodeus566

All I've received are copy-paste responses stating that my ban is applied correctly and won't be lifted =/ It's actually frustrating and kinda sad that the only way to contact EA is through the ticket system, with anonymous individuals who can't care less about our problems and accounts. And now, we can't call or chat in real-time because those features were removed for some reason (probably financial, maybe the only thing that EA cares about), and I don't understand why EA seems to care less and less about their community each time.

Message 5 of 16 (639 Views)

★★ Novice
@WTF_Huitzo

Hahaha, yeah, it seems to be like this... at least I'm glad I spent only about $50-60 in 4+ years on this account. But now, I have a lot of unique skins wasted...
Message 6 of 16 (634 Views)

★★ Novice
@EPS1234

Yeah, man, it's probably the best solution. It's sad how EA doesn't store ANY log of the voice chat, so people can say really, REALLY rude things to you and get unpunished because there are no logs, and nobody cares. But if you say something light in the chat... you are a criminal. Just no words.
Message 7 of 16 (633 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

To the moderators (or champions or whatever you're called),

Can someone please at least hint at the word so we can be aware of what is not allowed?

I've seen sanctions before on other platforms for words which are commonplace in my culture. So you could say something you consider non problematic and receive ban.

Example... in USA 'hell' and 'damn' are forbidden words, in countries like the UK they're used commonly in all areas of life.

Thanks in advance for clarification.

Message 8 of 16 (617 Views)

★★ Expert
@1ronKeys Nah, I have asked for a complete list of banned words before, I wasn't given one.
Message 9 of 16 (583 Views)

@SrGalletitoGG 

If the ToS team have reviewed multiple disputes and have not lifted the ban then there is nothing more that can be done.

@1ronKeys 

Us Champion's, Hero's and Guardian's here on AHQ are volunteer's and we do not have a list of words that we could provide you as you requested. We do not work for EA and therefore just like you do not know the ins and outs about stuff like that. We are here because we love the games we play and like to discuss them, help others and or get help ourselves. 

However common sense should dictate here. 

My advice to you and or anyone else would be as follows: If you treat other players with respect and dignity, even if they are being toxic then you should be safe. If you are going to reply via voice (yes voice can be reported and actioned on) or text if you think it might be bad then dont say it. Basically if you do not have anything nice to say then dont say it.

Remember language is a beautiful thing and can cut deeper than a sword, you do not have to use profane language to hurt someone, it can be done much more effectively without such words. So with that you have to keep in mind the context of your words.

If others are Toxic to you it is just best to, ignore them, mute them, and then report them. Do not rise to their bait or stoop to their level as that can get your account into trouble.   

The needs of the many,
outweigh the needs of the few or one. --Spock--

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Please note: I am a community volunteer – I do not work for EA.
Me Too – If you also have this problem – first post on thread has this button.
XP – For helpful comments (and to help others 'level up').
Mark As Solution – To help others find the answer to the issue now & in the future.
Message 10 of 16 (535 Views)