Season 12 Is Broken

by Joker112914

Original Post

Season 12 Is Broken

★★★★★ Apprentice

This game is literally unplayable. Has the worst servers ever. The ping and packet loss has been insane the whole day. Cannot even fight without dying to lag. You may knock somebody, but you will not get your kill because you wind up not being able to fight the other enemies because of lag. Every game mode is experiencing this and everyone playing is experiencing it. This game needs a hotfix fast. 

Message 1 of 8 (4,318 Views)

Re: Season 12 Is Broken

★★ Pro

The servers for me in season 11 whilst not trouble-free seemed to fair generally better than seasons 8,9 & 10 up until the last 2 weeks of season 11 when the same old performance issues came back ie fluctuating ping, game freezing,rubber-banding etc.Of all the things I hoped for seasons 12 better game stability was top of my list but in all 4 games of BR  Trios I played this evening the servers were absolutely appalling where problems that dogged the last few weeks of season 11 has carried straight over to season 12 as if nothing had changed.I even managed to coax a few of my ex Apex teammates out of semi-retirement to play the game this evening for the start of season 12 & we were literally all singing from the same hymn sheet throughout regarding how bad the servers were throughout all 4 games.Wasn't it the start of season 9 when the devs blamed too many players attempting to play the game that caused server issues that affected the game for days & are the server problems right at the start of season 12 merely history repeating itself.

Things didn't look good for me when I heard prior to the start of S12 this evening that next-gen update wasn't actually ready & was put back a week or so,coupled with several bugs in the game & server issues affecting the game already.New season same old problems.

Message 2 of 8 (4,287 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I have no networks issues at all, full speed no issues, but servers pie, as I posted in another thread.

Message 3 of 8 (4,285 Views)

Champion
@Joker112914 I didn't have one issue tonight in 3.5 hours.

Seems like another great season start for me.
Message 4 of 8 (4,263 Views)

★★ Novice

30 ping on console all day season 12 launch, talked to other people in game and they were having the same issues…

Message 5 of 8 (4,198 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I’m having similar issues. Every 3-4 games, I’ll load in with 20-50 packet loss. It’ll have me logging around the map and getting killed in an instant. My internet is 250mbs down, 60mbs up and my connection is open. I play on the Xbox Series S and none of my other games have any performance issues. When I experience packet loss, I’m often unable to reconnect to the lobby and must force close my game and relaunch new, then I’ll be good for another couple of games before having the packet loss yet again. I’ve been experiencing this since season 11, although season 12 launch has made it 5 times worse. I’ve deleted and reinstalled the game to no avail. 

Message 6 of 8 (3,442 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

I refuse to play this garbage. I will try again maybe in 30 days, but for now bye bye garbage legends.

The amount of issues at the beginning of this season shows that respawn does not care as they are getting their sweet dollar from skin shop anyways.

ALL game modes have some kind of slow-motion, all of them, At first I though I was tripping but now. I compared my game play recording from season 11 with current ones and yes. There is some funky stuff going on. I have constant fps locked to 138, stable internet connection (no ping jumping, no packet loss, no choke) and yet the hit registration is atrocious. The mouse movement is like I am dragging it through mud or underwater. When You drop an item You clearly see it slowly dropping to the ground. Constant dead slides, stopping mid-air and dropping to the ground? Where is the apex fluent movement?

It this what we have for 3rd anniversary of the game?

Oh, and of course frequent crashes to desktop without any message!

Frag this cabbage.

Message 7 of 8 (3,380 Views)

★★★ Newbie

For me, the lag comes in a different form. And its super annoying. Like the normal lag, i can somewhat handle that. But for sum f-up reason my audio is terribly lagging. Not the "there's no footstep" bs. Like if i ping something, the action registered but the voice line comes seconds later. Same goes when shooting. The action registered but the audio comes way later to the point where if i keep shooting, the audio just disappeared. And i've tried everything to fixing it. Updated drivers and soundcard, changing internet and servers, even uninstalling some software yet it persists. The annoying thing was that early in the season everything was fine. This game needs a hotfix quick.

Message 8 of 8 (2,366 Views)