Re: SUGGESTION: Destructable Terrain

by jpkarlsen

Original Post

SUGGESTION: Destructable Terrain

★ Guide

Could you please implement some degree of destructible terrain. You are using the Battlefield Engine after all....

Nothing major, I just want to level smaller Kett Outposts to the ground... 

Message 1 of 7 (1,248 Views)

★★ Guide

Destructable terrain right now seems limited to certain sections of cover disintegrating if it takes too much damage (or if you've got Annihilation active while using said forms of cover). Actual destructable structures would be nice, but might introduce considerably greater complexity to savefile data structures unless their destroyed state doesn't persist, which if that were the case people would invariably complain about it breaking immersion.

Message 2 of 7 (1,246 Views)

★ Guide

Yes it would be great. What I really want to destroy are Kett camps, does not need to be a real outpost, only the two trucks and crates you find everywhere...... 

Message 3 of 7 (1,234 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Well, it's certainly odd running pell-mell with your Nomad into those ice stalagmites, and they don't break apart. Some stuff could be damaged here and there. Although nothing really game breaking if they don't. I think Elaaden has a feature when you come about the edge of those sandy cliffs? I haven't tried, but SAM might have warned me about it, if I'm not mistaken.

Message 4 of 7 (1,227 Views)

★ Pro

This could be fun, especially if it adds some complexity to your tactics/driving

Message 5 of 7 (1,205 Views)

★ Pro

MazeOfThorns wrote:

Is it possible to turn off the Kett machinery on Eos? The machinery that hammers the ground is annoying to listen to and who doesn't like blowing up Kett machinery?

From a similar thread

Message 6 of 7 (1,191 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@PandaTar wrote:

Well, it's certainly odd running pell-mell with your Nomad into those ice stalagmites, and they don't break apart. Some stuff could be damaged here and there. Although nothing really game breaking if they don't. I think Elaaden has a feature when you come about the edge of those sandy cliffs? I haven't tried, but SAM might have warned me about it, if I'm not mistaken.

If Drack is aboard he will warn you that the edge of the sinkholes may cave. However they don't actually do that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 7 of 7 (1,188 Views)