Ideas for improving Storm Point after S15?

by HappyHourSumwur

Original Post

Ideas for improving Storm Point after S15?

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Pro

How would you change SP if it were up to you? 

There's lots of complaining and expressions of hate for it but very little constructive criticism.

The main complaints seem to be that it is too big and that too many games are spent running from the ring and not seeing a single team for long periods of time, so here's what I'd change.

1. Have some sort of natural disaster (tidal wave, storm, earthquake, rockslide) or the bag guys come in and wipe out the SE corner, eliminating Fish Farms and reworking Ship Fall and Gale Station to reduce the sizes of each.
  2. Add a POI between Mill, Cascade Falls, and Checkpoint or somehow fill in the huge open areas around there.  That island and shallow lake is just too big.
  3. Put the Tridents inland from the edge POI's and  make them less risky to use somehow (faster, quieter, shielded, more maneuverable, etc.)
  4. Increase mobility when using gravity cannons so they can't be camped quite as easily.
Message 1 of 15 (500 Views)

Re: Ideas for improving Storm Point after S15?

Champion
@HappyHourSumwur I hate to be that guy but my hope is the improvement for season 15 is the full removal until season 16. Time in which they work on improving it in all of the ways you mentioned.

Also more jump towers!
Message 2 of 15 (491 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@hayhor I'm pretty sure SP will be out of rotation for S15. So while it is on the shelf, what do you think Respawn should do to it to make it better?
Message 3 of 15 (481 Views)

★★★ Expert
@HappyHourSumwur

Not being of the opinion that SP is too big, the only things I would like to see by way of improvement would be to replace the gravity cannons with jump towers (although the idea to increase mobility on the incoming end would also work), and while I wouldn't add tridents to the interior of the map, I might like a few more around the edges. I haven't experienced that tridents are too loud or too slow or too vulnerable in general (even after the nerf), but I'll leave that to others to decide.
Message 4 of 15 (468 Views)

Champion
@HappyHourSumwur Everything you said. And more jump towers.
Message 5 of 15 (455 Views)

★★ Expert

Another vote for more jump towers.

And let people vary their path out of the gravity cannons some. Maybe angle in = angle out kind of thing.

Message 6 of 15 (447 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@Kyldenar Better yet remove tap strafing overall, and disable horizons passive on gravity cannons.
Message 7 of 15 (421 Views)

★★ Expert

Improve it? Well... don't know. If they removed hot-dropping I think it would be much better without making any real changes. Same for every map.

Message 8 of 15 (413 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

The map is imbalanced. The northeast portion of the map is just empty and obviously left out for future POIs but still it shouldn't be left out like that. The fights in this side of the map is also one sided since the hills on this side is so steep. The only POI worth dropping here is lightning rod but your next rotation is usually bad since the POIs next to it are small. This is the reason why everyone drops west or south of the map.

Screen Shot 2022-10-21 at 7.20.51 AM.png

Message 9 of 15 (384 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@Cheese9Man What would you do to change it?
Message 10 of 15 (364 Views)