Re: Having Trouble with Water & Candles Puzzle on Zeffo

by SithApprentice39

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Having Trouble with Water & Candles Puzzle on Zeffo

★★ Pro

Hey everyone! I was wondering if any of you could help me with the Water and Candles puzzles on Zeffo. The game tells me that the candles’ metal casing will shield them from water, but, every time I walk under a waterfall with the candle right-side up (metal casing over candle), the candle goes out as soon as I pass under the water. Is this a bug or am I not doing something right? Thanks!

Message 1 of 5 (4,299 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Guide

Hi there. It's not a bug with candles going out from water. You need to find a way to take candles by avoiding the water.

Sometimes u need to grab the candle, carry it to a certain point, drop it, go through the water without candle, climb the wall on the other side of water and finally pull the candle to you.

For example, in the big round room where you pull the huge chain to raise the big encased orb. There is a waterfall preventing you from throwing the orb to the roots grown on the chain.

Enable the weather force waves by pulling the cube, then run across to the opposite side and pull a candle then throw it toward the magnetic waves.

Pull the chain down and finally pull the candle and throw it toward the roots to burn them. I hope it helps get the idea on how to move candles around water sometimes. Happy gaming! 

Untitled 0.jpg Untitled 1.jpg

Untitled 2.jpg

Untitled 3.jpg

Untitled 4.jpg

View in thread

Message 3 of 5 (4,259 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Guide

Not a bug, you're not doing something right. You have to figure out a way to get them there without letting them get wet at all. There are actually 4 different places where you have to do this. Which one are you having problems with?

Message 2 of 5 (4,271 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Hi there. It's not a bug with candles going out from water. You need to find a way to take candles by avoiding the water.

Sometimes u need to grab the candle, carry it to a certain point, drop it, go through the water without candle, climb the wall on the other side of water and finally pull the candle to you.

For example, in the big round room where you pull the huge chain to raise the big encased orb. There is a waterfall preventing you from throwing the orb to the roots grown on the chain.

Enable the weather force waves by pulling the cube, then run across to the opposite side and pull a candle then throw it toward the magnetic waves.

Pull the chain down and finally pull the candle and throw it toward the roots to burn them. I hope it helps get the idea on how to move candles around water sometimes. Happy gaming! 

Untitled 0.jpg Untitled 1.jpg

Untitled 2.jpg

Untitled 3.jpg

Untitled 4.jpg

Message 3 of 5 (4,260 Views)

★★ Pro
@draqonin Thank you!
I think the game’s dialogue mentioned something about the candles’ metal casings protecting them from the water, so I think that misled me (maybe I just misheard it).
Once I realized that I had to avoid the water, I was able to complete both the main and side puzzles. I actually had fun trying to throw the candles through the passages above the doorways!
Message 4 of 5 (4,208 Views)

★★ Pro
@Gargamel314 I was having problems with all of them, but, once I realized I had to avoid the water, I was able to solve all of them.
Message 5 of 5 (4,206 Views)