Good, NRG leaves Apex for good and openly said its all EA's fault

by GopnikGamburger

Original Post

Re: Good, NRG leaves Apex for good and openly said its all EA's fault

★★★★★ Guide
@WTF_Huitzo Has nothing to be compared with Pubg ahahahah comon. This is comp orgs who really cares about them? Why would players need them? They can still play to earn ALGS prizes without an org. I really don't care about the competitive why would I ? Pros don't care about me I don't care about them either. They make the game way less fun and steer devs towards those changes because "hey I should have won".
Message 11 of 16 (292 Views)

★★★ Expert

Yeah, good point on the pros, frankly, oversized egos has led to some absolutely trash input in regards to Apex, as well as other games.

Like NO GOLD SHIELD REZ.

Please, pros.  You are drunk, go home.  Also wrong.  Also, grow up and stop blaming gold shields for your loss, because you were bad (and you can't admit it)

Anyway, the whole esports thing, frankly EA is STILL to blame.  They are pretty bad at both the way their game is (it is technically EA/Respawn who made the game, the pros did not), and it also sounds like they're bad at promoting it for the purpose of making money.  Pros don't leave successful enterprises, even if the pros are playing badly.  You can look at any real sport to see that.  Now, management may change, ownership may change, players may change.  But esports in general, and Apex for sure, can't keep an org around because it is the game company's business model that is so bad (which also includes their game being bad).

I'm not shedding any tears, like I see some people here aren't either.  Part of esports popularity is drama, and creating drama, and liking certain people while hating others.  That's literally part of business and interest.  But I do find the knuckleheadedness of EA more entertaining at this point, and on that note, grabbing popcorn and hearing these things play out is certainly entertaining in its own right. Its better drama than I often get out of the game itself these days.

Message 12 of 16 (266 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@KelRieverlol +1 to you for still clinging to the ultimate rng ending item.

Message 13 of 16 (253 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Sad fun fact:

Literally every player who competed in the last ALGS could quit today and EA would genuinely remain un-phased.

Why? Because there are more people who want to compete in ALGS than there are actual ALGS players. It’s a void that would continually be filled by people who want to “be the best”.

For this reason, EA really doesn’t care.

I think EA cares more about content creators on social media. Why? Because content creators save the company millions on advertisements. If tomorrow— magically— everyone stopped creating content for Apex, EA would have to shell out millions for advertising.

So ultimately, the executives don’t care about:

-Professional players leaving

-Professional players wanting fair cuts of revenue for merchandise/skins

-Matchmaking fairness

-The legitimate woes of people in groups smaller than the majority

-Anything that isn’t directly correlated to maximized profit margins

I know this sounds incredibly negative but this is the truth. 

Message 14 of 16 (239 Views)

★★★ Expert

@Axs5626Sxa5001 Yes, but people will not watch Apex players who play as badly as themselves, and that is why esports people, like sports people, get paid and it matters when they quit.  I mean, for sure a lot of people would suit up in NFL uniforms or European soccer leagues, but no advertising agency would pay close to the cost of covering such an event.  It's why you don't even get coverage of most college football teams unless, you know, they play for the known schools.  Or its on some esoteric cable channel at best.

Respawn could not care all it wants but if it is going to spend money even having an esports event for Apex, then people are going to want to see good play.  I presume.  If people are tuning in for garbage play than that is on them. 

Message 15 of 16 (220 Views)

★★★ Expert

@hayhor I do laugh too at the gold shield moment.  It was the super jump the shark thing.

And, in hindsight, it's interesting because esports was at its prime for Apex.  Can we claim Gold Shield nerf ended esports?  Is it just a conspiracy, or now is KNOWN?! :D

Message 16 of 16 (219 Views)