[Edit - Admin.] says no plans for solo q

by HamoHitman

Original Post

Re: [Edit - Admin.] says no plans for solo q

★★★ Novice

No need at all for a solo queue.  It's team based and I personally enjoy the 3 man squad dynamic.  Adding a solo queue only makes it more difficult to balance and would likely be lobbies almost entirely full of the same few mathematically dominant legends.  I.E. boring.   We don't need another carbon copy generic BR, I'd rather see development efforts focused on the aspects of the game that make it fun.

Message 41 of 57 (322 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Nobody plays team style.

Wraith is a solo character..

Bangalore is solo...

caustic is NOT A team character otherwise the fool would carry 2 spare gas masks for his team...

mirage isn't played as a team character...half the ppl don't even know his double creates enemy pings...

Gibraltar is too big to be useable

Bloodhound is mostly used for his ultimate

Pathfinder is rarely used to access uncharted terrain

Lifeline is about the only team character...then most players just use her tactical on themselves

Pathfinder, wraith, mirage is NOT a team...but I've come across plenty

Message 42 of 57 (314 Views)

★★★ Newbie

And most people enjoy the movement and gunplay aspects of the game more than the "team" aspect. That's why you see a wraith or Bangalore on just about every team

Message 43 of 57 (312 Views)

Re: DARKO says no plans for solo q

★★★★★ Guide

@WithLoveEarL 

Yeah he is that guy that brags about his e pen the. Gets told lol my e pen is bigger than yours and he cries it’s because you only play bad people don’t worry about him to get a decent kill to game ratio he had to run and play wraith but be carful what you say he got me temp banned when my e pen was bigger just wanted to give you the warning earl 

Message 44 of 57 (307 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@neillkorey always gotta find me don't ya? If you wanna shut me up just upload your stats. Not hard at all...just play the game and open Apextab or apex tracker on your phone...not hard. 

Message 45 of 57 (294 Views)

★★ Guide

You are wrong this game needs a solo mode

And most of the people who oppose solos are the bad players because they want to rely on others to help them get a win because they know they're not good enough to do it on their own with one life in a solos match

Its pathetic and its a shame that people would try to prevent something from being added that is so clearly needed just because they know they would suck at the mode and therefore are jealous of good players and want to ruin it for everyone else

Maybe instead of making up garbage and nonsensical reasons for why solos shouldnt be added, these people should get better at the game and invite the challenge of solos. No they would rather whine and try to hide behind this stupid idea that apex is only meant for squads and this is a team game blah blah blah

Solos will work perfectly fine and if you suck at the game then stick to squads and let the people who want to truly test themselves go against each other in solos

Message 46 of 57 (280 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@darkotheidiot  

Have done both of those still zeros across board and last time I showed my stats in a picture on forums and hurt someone’s e pen I got temp banned

but honestly I thought he was talking to someone else you are not the guy that got me temp banned

Message 47 of 57 (268 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

The problem is not that the game doesn't have solo mode...

The problem is you not being able to find a squad..

You cant ask something  just because it exists in other games...

This game wants to promote team play and its obvious .. only team mode . Dive together as team as default.. abilities..ping system to help keep people together...  

If you don't like it go play something else.. plain and simple

Im not saying everything is fine and i wouldn't mind to have solo ques also.. its a nice addition.. im not against it..

A decent mmr might help to at least have less failers queing with you . 

But if you have some experience with online games you would already know that failers are everywhere..  and they outnumber the good players

Message 48 of 57 (262 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@darkotheidiot Damn, the more you type here, the more I'm convinced you are an insecure man, who goes to forums to prove to the same people he doesn't care about and doesn't want to play with that he, in fact, is good enough. If you did just a bit of research in psychology, you'd know that this is the basic fear that human beings have - not being good enough. But why would you let a game determine that? If you're a successful dada with a wife, a kid and a job, you should have no fear what-so-ever, no peen syndrome, and just play the game for fun win or lose, just enjoy the experience. No-one has attacked you for being bad, you attacked other people proving that you're this elite level of player. 

Point is, every post you make is nonsense, it's complaining and whining. I'd put you in a category of 'at high risk of trying out cheats'. "Bangalore/Wraith is not a team character" - how so? Bangalore if played right will place smokes to prevent his team from getting shot in bad spots, Bangalore will use his ultimate defensively when the team is trying to run away - it is not an offensive ultimate ability if you haven't noticed it yet - Gibraltar's is as it's instant and deals a ton of damage. How is Wraith not a team character? She'll use portals to escape, to flank, to move quicker, to let the team loot longer and heal up while she moves ahead.

It is just completely pointless to discuss with you because I cannot understand how a 29 year old man can have an ego of a 16-year-old, make invalid points and literally spread his toxicity all over the forum arguing against everyone. Just FYI - don't bother responding, the conversation ends here Standard smile

Message 49 of 57 (256 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@WithLoveEarLWhat you said its true ofcourse. Bangalore and Wraith are team characters. No denying that. They have super useful abilities, that when used right are a massive boon to your team. The problem is.... barely anyone in pug groups use them, as intended. That's where the problem is.. It's not in the legends, its in the players.

You guys keep saying that this game is intended for team play. And thats all true and fine. But the problem is... most people in random groups dont care at all, about playing, as a team.

You get wraith mains that quit, as soon as someone dared to pick their precious main. Usually after a ton of insults, profanity and death wishes coming the way to the person that picked their main, leaving you duo from the start against full squads. 50% of such games, the second person decides it will be a waste of time and leaves aswell, leaving you solo from the start.

You get Lifelines that dont ress, dont heal, dont use ult accelerants to help boost their team with more frequent package drops. On the other end -- I lost count, as Lifeline main, how many times I get my package drops looted completely, without anyone bothering to ask if I actually need something out of them myself, since you know... its actually my Ultimate to begin with and if I decide i will just stop dropping it, which I usually do, once it gets completely looted without anyone asking if i need anything.

You get people that decide to drop solo, because they probably got too cocky and confident in their "amazing" skills, after watching one of the big time streamers play solo -- only to die in the first confrontation with squad on the other side of the map and leave.

You get people that leave the moment they get downed. I had someone leave right infront of me when I just saved him from being finished off by an enemy. He wasn't even completely dead, he was downed, the enemy was killed and I was about to ress him, when he left.

Often once you get downed and killed, the person that goes to recover your banner, usually makes sure first to loot out the best items you had on you, before actually reviving you. Leaving you with worst shields, worst backpacks etc, even if you are in a good position to get to your box. I usually instantly leave when that happens. I am thankful for the revive, but that doesnt give him right to loot my box. I dont care to play with such people. Sure take some ammo, take some heals, shields, but for christ sake dont take my good stuff.

The sum it all up -- random groups often are a mess, atleast in my exprience. People don't care to play, as a team, so that design aspect, usually gets completely ignored in random groups. Once in a full moon you actually get to play with people that can communicate good and play together, which is really enjoyable, but it's such a rarity in random groups.

Tl;dr When the game you designed becomes playable and enjoyable mostly the time when you are fortunate to be able to get to play with friends then this is a huge problem and the game longivity is at serious risk. Many people aren't social -- they dont feel comfortable speaking on voice with people they dont know, they dont care about trying to form pre-made squads with people. They just want to be able to hop online on a fly, queue up and have somewhat of a decent game, usually on their own. Solo queue is what will provide that for these people, and if such a mode dont get implemented these people will leave. It's as simple as that.

Message 50 of 57 (250 Views)