Re: EA Please fix the AI in Random Battle Mode

by saintlydevilis

Original Post

EA Please fix the AI in Random Battle Mode

★★★★ Novice

I use it for two purposes. 1. To test decks before playing in ranked and 2. To just have fun and play.

I have played hundreds maybe a few thousand random games against the AI and there are some issues.

1. You don't just play a regular match against a deck, the game is has some predetermined conditions.

One condition is the AI can pull or top deck any card it needs to beat you. I just played a match where the AI top decked the same card 4X in a row twice to win. It is beyond ridiculous and doesn't do anything to help you test decks. 

Second condition is the  AI just lets you win. I have also played matches where the AI has multiple cards in hand and doesn't play anything for 5 turns in a row. Again this doesn't help anyone trying to test decks and isn't very fun to play against either.

2. It doesn't make logical moves.

Example. Quickdraw Con Man, it doesn't seem to rate that card as threat so it will virtually kill any other zombie before it kills QDCM. This again makes play testing really hard as that isn't how anyone would really play.

I don't understand why EA has created this version of the game just to make it unplayable or worthless. 

I have spent some good money and just want to play normal games without the pressure of ranked and feel this is the perfect solution of a format only to have games just be no fun or just stupid. 

Message 1 of 2 (545 Views)

Re: EA Please fix the AI in Random Battle Mode

★★ Guide

I hadn't played the random battle mode much. I did a bit when it first appeared then, went back to rank or casual. I have more recently been using it as, like you I wanted to test a deck. As it is AI it is unpredictable to know which level it is playing at. I have had what you described an easy win, and an impossible opponent that effectively can't be beaten. I dare say, the AI has difference levels that it is programmed to fit, as in hard, easy, middle of the road. We are all different levels, and the card decks we create are all different, trying to make the AI fit to our individual level is not going to be possible. I would imagine, it tries to give you a win, and also tries to be difficult so that you don't get frustrated with it. You have to remember the AI, has every card.. and your deck is not going to have that unless you are a professional gamer. 

I don't think the AI is going to suit every game every person of plays on it, because its not tailored to your deck, or cards you own. It will be set to difficult and set to be easy - so you don't want smash your phone/tablet (with game rage). Maybe an understanding of how the AI is set helps? or use casual mode to not be pressured by rank. I know you don't know what kind of player your get in casual mode, as some concede as soon as you draw cards. But, if your playing just for fun, just wait 5 secs and then the next player is there to play.

Message 2 of 2 (524 Views)