Anyone else not looking forward to season 5?

by Marge010

Original Post

Re: Anyone else not looking forward to season 5?

★★★ Expert

@apostolateofDOOM  But that's the problem.  Loot can't carry a full made squad late in the game, it's just the number of people.  And sure, maybe you're thinking of 1v3 against the squad, but that doesn't happen in KC top 5  because the map is so small.  Not as much as the top 5 teams doing third party all over each other again.

So, you're literally fine throwing grenades and firing into the mess solo as pretty much every team other than the one that's going to win.  And that's the terrible, terrible math of KC.  You're going to do fine, solo if you live to the end.  You can even vulture kills.

Can't do that on World's Edge nearly as much.  You won't get to the end game without your squaddies.

Message 41 of 47 (269 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

World's Edge is forced, hand holding rotation and battles. Very monotonous.

Kings Canyon is freedom.

It's better people get to choose their playstyle and strategy as opposed to being forced into one.

Message 42 of 47 (257 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@KelRieverHow do you know which team will win in the top 5? and i'm sure there will be full squads at endgame that have bunkered in knowing the ring locations. So you camp and hide then try and scrape a kill or 2?

If any decent team see a solo straggler they will hunt you down like dogs, on any map.

Out of curiosity, you said you're gold 4? How many lifetime matches, kills, wins and top 5's do you have?

Message 43 of 47 (252 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

Dunno? @apostolateofDOOM I could check.  I basically maintain a top five of at least 1/3 of my games for all play including casual, though that gets harder sometimes just because of the challenges.  It is a much higher ration in ranked until the players get better.  But that's climbing through the ranks, where your beginning games are almost all top 5.

I was cruising through gold to plat in Season 4 pre split with some squaddies where we all played together.  But when they switched to KC, I told them what's up.  They're not playing any more than I as far as I can tell, and we all just soloed to get our pre split rank and then said we'd wait until next season.

I don't think you know what I'm talking about if you keep on thinking that you hide and scrape a kill or 2 on KC.  That's literally misunderstanding what I'm saying.

What you do is you leave your team behind and head for the few unpopulated zones you have.  And you make sure you last until top 5.  Then you do whatever you want.  You can get plenty of kills, especially as the ring gets smaller, because the map is so small you're going to vulture a ton.

There's no hunting at all in KC.  The more you talk the more it sounds like you're speaking of World's Edge.  In KC you turn around and mostly get your face blasted off.  Especially if you are 'hunting'.

Honestly, the way I play seems to me to be more successful.  You guys sound like the drop and die crowd, no insult intended.  But you're not going to place high in KC ever the way you're describing you're playing  What you will do is die a lot with your friends.

Play World's Edge.  It is better in every possible way.

Message 44 of 47 (238 Views)

★★★ Pro
@hayhor I've been in about three duo queue lobbies since it released, but never had a problem finding matches in KC after dark, yet duos still remain while that map gets chopped, know why? Because nobody is complaining about duos but the same ten or so * were all over the forums ranting about KC and the night mode before KC was reduced to 30 minutes or whatever and night mode was removed.

They look to the vocal minority for their rash decisions not statistics..
Message 45 of 47 (217 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@KelRieverI would like to keep this convo civil without warning or the thread getting closed but don't worry about insulting me, i'm quite resilient. Tongue out

I'm confused and maybe you could explain a bit more but how is ''leave your team behind and head for the few unpopulated zones you have. And you make sure you last until top 5.'' not camp and hide?

As I said earlier, that will work in lower ranks and you'll get a few kills towards the end but higher up (maybe plat but especially diamond) you'll get pushed so fast that without a squad it will be very difficult to take just one down (especially if it's a full team) let alone have time to heal for another engagement in close circles.

Message 46 of 47 (209 Views)

★ Expert
@KelRiever "I was cruising through gold to plat" That's not really an accomplishment. Most players in this rank just hide and wait for points.

"What you do is you leave your team behind and head for the few unpopulated zones you have. And you make sure you last until top 5. Then you do whatever you want. "
Oh it's cause you're one of those players who just like to hide and camp....
Message 47 of 47 (169 Views)