Akimbo SMGs and pistols

by rickyressel

Original Post

Akimbo SMGs and pistols

★★ Apprentice

So I was toying around with the idea the other day. When you pick up two of the same gun if it’s a pistol or smgs why can’t you duel wield those bad boys? Sacrifice accuracy and the ability to ADS to have faster fire rate and larger ammo pool.

Also I was thinking about how worthless double tap is. Instead of using double tab the way it is in its current state. There was a talent on the hunter in Borderlands the gave him a 25% chance to fire a second bullet without expending the ammo in his magazine. Maybe you could make it a variation of that. Give the P2020, RE-45 and maybe a few of the weaker weapons the double tap hop up with a chance to fire two bullets while only costing 1 ammo from you mag.

Message 1 of 11 (613 Views)

Re: Akimbo SMGs and pistols

★★★ Guide

I think both are pretty good suggestions. I know dual wielding for pistols was asked before few times, and I don't think there ever was an official replay from the devs. Also I think when it comes to SMGs, only Alternator should be dual wield-able, because not only its actually small and in a shape of a handgun already, but it is also pretty weak as a weapon with its slow fire rate, so dual wielding Alternator would be a perfect perk for it. As far as pistols, I think you shouldn't be able to zoom in while dual wielding, so its more of a pure up close last resort ditch for maximum fire power. Just trying to avoid situations where people would be sniping you with two Wingmans lol

I couldn't careless about double tap, and I don't remember last time I have seen anyone using it. I like saving ammo hop-up idea a lot, in fact I think it can be a rare mod for a lot of weapons. Like supply level drop but can be used on LMGs. That would be super useful.

Message 2 of 11 (590 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@rickyresselDouble tap on G7scout absolutely smashes people , would be good on the Eva aswell if it wasn’t such a terrible gun to begin with .

I feel like akimbo weapons would just be stupidly op. Can you imagine getting into a close fight with someone with akimbo R-99’s, prowlers or wingmans? Would just be ridiculous haha

Message 3 of 11 (535 Views)

★★★ Guide
@rickyressel Double tap is the only thing that makes the Eva 8 usable.
Message 4 of 11 (506 Views)

Champion

Sounds great until you end up nose to nose with a dude running dual re-45 lol Tongue out

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 5 of 11 (486 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Dual wingman! Hell yea!!   

Message 6 of 11 (463 Views)

@apostolateofDOOM Dual Peacekeeper is where it's at. 😆
Message 7 of 11 (430 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@xx_Dante2k_xxHe said pistols and smgs.

You just want to bully these kids. Party hat

Message 8 of 11 (409 Views)

★★ Apprentice

That’s the thing, just as all weapons have strengths and weaknesses. So would using Akimbo. You can’t ADS so your accuracy is going to be awful. You don’t have a secondary weapon to switch to for accuracy because both gun slots are taken up to Akimbo. Your only option is to fight up close. Really close. It doesn’t sound OP if you think about how awful hip fire accuracy is. Especially with a wingman. 

Message 9 of 11 (394 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@rickyresselSMG not good but low damage pistols ok.

Message 10 of 11 (349 Views)