Re: Can't place floor tiles

by SheriGR

Original Post

Can't place floor tiles

★★ Apprentice

I literally can't place floor tiles for my second floor. A grid will show just fine but I can't add floor tiles no matter what. YES I have tried making a room and deleting the walls, that does Not work at all, nor did any floor tiles even show up when I placed a room, just the walls. It's just an issue with the second floor. I need a second flooring so I can add stairs to it from the first floor, so I can have stairs go from the second floor to the third floor.
I just had the update, last I played, this wasn't an issue at all when I built a house and it had a second floor too, and flooring would show up when I placed a room, but since Update, the second floor now has a flooring issue.
Please help!

Message 1 of 13 (37,984 Views)

Champion

@sarahholdenried Please refer to the other thread that you posted on, and I just replied to you in. There is a video that I made posted in the replies in that thread/conversation that has some suggestions and demonstrated a few things (like re-tracing a room to build the floor and ceiling) that may be useful to you in your current frustrations. Thank you! https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/Cannot-Delete-Individual-Floor-Tiles/m-p/7985391#M13848

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 2 of 13 (37,972 Views)

★ Novice
@SheriGR this thread does NOT help the question, its not about deleting individual tiles, its about stairs
Message 3 of 13 (34,470 Views)

Champion

@Andromedean This thread is from a while ago, and it may very well have been during some flooring issues that have gone on over the last year. At this point, since it was never responded to, it's a bit hard to confirm.

I believe that the reason I linked to the other thread was for some things that can be tried to work around some flooring issues that had been going on. It also had information on how re-create a floor or ceiling if yours has been deleted. So I would guess that's why I mentioned checking the other thread.

I see one mention of interest in having the flooring on the second floor in order to be able to place stairs, and aside from that I only read mentions of the poster having issues with a disappearing floor on the second floor, not stairs. True, I'm not fully understanding the issue, as there have been no discussions or further clarifications. You're welcome to advise on the issue and would like to help. 

Message 4 of 13 (34,453 Views)

★ Novice
@SheriGR I'm having this issue today, with an L and U stair, it won't let me place floor tiles at the top of the stairs, and if there are floor tiles, the stairs don't just delete the second floor tiles like they used to
Message 5 of 13 (34,444 Views)

Champion

@Andromedean Would you mind attaching 2-3 screenshots of the area on bot floors, Plus a top-down screenshot of the layout of both floors? If you do this I could try re-creating the general layout in my game. Please also include a description of what you want done. Alternately, if you would like to upload the lot to the gallery with a name like stairs issue, and tell me here the exact name of the lot and if your name is the same there as here, and I could download it and try it out - again, with you adding a description of hour goals. Here it is 3am, so I will give it a try in the morning, if you have uploaded the information. Thanks for the update!

Message 6 of 13 (34,416 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I've had that issue as well at top of stairs when doing a spiral type staircase and the top of stairs would stay open not allowing me to place a floor tile. This was months ago tho and I found out that it was due to what was right below that tile. The work around is that it worked if I had the walls at medium or tall height.

I even tried making a 1 sq tile to place at top of stairs to see if that'd work. Can't recall if that did, I assume it would not have.

But a screenshot would be good.

My previous issue from last year was resolved after a game update, so something in that update fixed my problem I had in July last year.

Message 7 of 13 (34,243 Views)

Champion

@sarahholdenried Hmmm... Yes, over the past year I have also run across a number of people with issues with stairwells, stairs with openings over them, etc.... as I see when I look at my YouTube videos, as a number of them addressed these issues Wink 
It doesn't sound like you're still having an issue with spiral stairway openings (and I didn't get the impression that was the issue for @Andromedean), but just in case that is what this particular video addressed:
https://youtu.be/fq_gn4oIiGw

Message 8 of 13 (34,214 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue today. I have moved stairs and tried different configurations of stairs, I have tried removing the stairs entirely. I've messed with walls and everything but I can't place a floor on the second story. Its so frustrating because I'm very close to finishing this build. 

Message 9 of 13 (34,059 Views)

Champion

@CarriePops84 Please refer to my comment above (#8). If you would like to provide that information I could test this out in my game also and see if I can reproduce and if I see any solution or workaround. Thank you!

Message 10 of 13 (34,030 Views)