Swtor doesn't work

by Aldaroshka

Original Post

Re: Swtor doesn't work

Champion (Retired)

@proxos666 Sorry sir was sleeping, bad habit I know..

As requested..... (*Will sort out the full Windows 10 guide start to finish again)

Firewall exclusions will need updating

If you have Windows 10 (*Similar Navigation for Windows 7/8 also type "Windows Firewall into the search click advanced).

Click on the "Notifications"

(The page looking icon in the bottom right down by your clock).

Then "VPN"

"Windows Firewall"

Now on the Left Hand Side "Advanced Settings".

Here in the Left Hand Top Corner you will see "Inbound Rules".

You will want to have all 3 exclusions for "Swtor Launcher.exe" "Swtor Bitraider.exe" and finally "Swtor.exe Retail"

*You may have to manually add these.

Click "New Rule" Top Right.

Program > Next>

This Program Path: > Browse> "Navigate to the desired *.exe listed above.  > Next

"Allow the Connection" << VERY VERY IMPORTANT.

"Tick all 3" >Next

"Give it a Name" > Click Finish

*Do this for all 3 exe's ensure that you do the same for "Outbound Rules" also.

**If you already have these exclusions then simply double clicking them 1 at a time to view their "properties" is enough to revalidate them.

QUOTE=OwenBrooks (*credit where credit is due)

ESET - disable protocol filtering
Kaspersky - disable scan secure/encrypted connections
Nortons (Firewall) set exception to Allow instead of Auto

**All that said I have manually changed all 3 exe's to run as administrator also by right clicking and selecting properties for each one, this in turn provides them with an elevated level to combat many of the new windows settings.

Message 31 of 37 (650 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@proxos666

Hi again.

1) I gave my password to a friend of mine. Different OS, different ISP. Game runs fine, my account is fine.

2) I took an ancient crappy laptop with different OS and the same ISP and installed the game on it. For some reason laptop decided not to install all the patches, but it did install the game itself and it runs fine.

3) I thought the problem might have something to do with new videodriver, so I went back to older version - nope, that's not it. So I installed the new version again.

4) And finally...

MY GAME WORKS AGAIN FOR NO REASON O_O

I'm kinda nervous about this :D

Although it started making some weird stuff. Like confetti looking things during loading screen :D You know, these purple and red dots that suggest something is wrong with your videodriver

EDIT: Never mind that. It was the energy saving mode :D So basically my game just fixed itself with no explanation

Message 32 of 37 (1,686 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

OK, use a program to completely remove the nVidia and Intel video drivers. It's called Display Driver Uninstaller and can be found here :

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Remove both the Intel and NVidia driver.

If you had the impression the game was running in a "low" fps rate, this may very well be an issue with the Optimus * that deactivates the 860 GTX.

Reinstall the lastest Intel driver from the Asus site, and the most recent NVidia driver. The confetti should be gone and fps rate should be normal.

Message 33 of 37 (628 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Certainly sounds as if you have a few settings issues going on with your Windows; could I suggest..

http://answers.ea.com/t5/STAR-WARS-The-Old-Republic/Guide-quot-How-to-install-Swtor-Correctly-and-ad...

You will find a Great Tool down the bottom for addressing completely removing your Display Drivers so that you can re do them without the chance of corruptions occurring.

Message 34 of 37 (626 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@DBWoodynz

@ron_harmeling

Thank you, but my laptop switched to energy saving mode for some reason, so it cause confetti and low fps. It's okay now

Message 35 of 37 (620 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

DDU, already done in my post Standard smile

EDIT : OK, I wasn't far off, it was using the Intel card, Woody hit the nail on it's head. I had the issue with Optimus function *ing up because of an error in the Intel driver Standard smile

Glad all is fine now !

Message 36 of 37 (617 Views)

★★★ Novice

Im going to recomend something different because I have had similar issues recently and found this fixed it for me. %Appdata% click appdata on the bar above and click local. Now go down to your SWTOR file and go into that file, open swtor in there and open settings and delete your client_settings.ini. Now close all that and launch your swtor, you will have to resetup your graphic settings but it SHOULD fix this issue. 

Message 37 of 37 (607 Views)