my default eyes show up on animals but not sims/occults

by KAYLANDA

Original Post

Accepted Solution

my default eyes show up on animals but not sims/occults

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

The creator of the default eyes told me that they were updated and should be working properly. The swatches have a wrench on them and the name of the eyes are on the list of mods. They show up only on cats and dogs. No occult sims or human sims. I'm having the same issue with my default skin. It doesn't show up on any spellcasters. 

Edit: I apologize if my question was put into the wrong thread.

Message 1 of 5 (1,101 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: my default eyes show up on animals but not sims/occults

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@KAYLANDA The new eyes are doing the same thing as the old CC eyes? Did you remove the old CC eyes and delete the localthumbcache.package file from your Sims 4 folder before you installed the new CC eyes? If not, you should definitely try that first.

If you did, then maybe the problem is some other CC is affecting them and making them look bad. I know it's a pain but the only way to troubleshoot these things is to test all of your CC to see which file is causing the problem:

1) First move your entire Mods folder to your Desktop for safe keeping. Don't delete any of the contents, you should be able to re-use most of it later. Next delete the localthumbcache.package file from your Sims 4 folder. Then do a quick test in a fresh New Game to see if everything looks fine. Don't use any of your regular saves for this. The game will create a new empty Mods folder as soon as you launch it.

2) If all looks good, add your CC eyes into the new Mods folder in your Electronic Arts\Sims 4 folder and restart the game again to see if they are working properly with no other CC in your game. Keep using that test save for all this stuff.

3) If the eyes are working now you can start adding your CC files into the new Mods folder one at a time while testing after each step until the problem comes back. If you have a lot of CC you could try the 50-50 method and load half of your CC files back in at a time just to narrow things down a bit. Once you find which half is causing the problem you can keep splitting that in half again until the number of files gets more manageable so that you can test each CC file individually. At this point it becomes a matter of trial and error to find out which file is causing the problem. Remember to keep deleting that localthumbcache.package file after each test whenever you see the problem in your game.

Please do ask if you have any questions on this and also please let us know if this works for you.

Anyhow, good luck I hope this helps :D

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (1,046 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@KAYLANDA I know a lot of CC eye replacements were broken by the June 3rd game patch. I suppose it's possible that the CC creator of those eyes has not tested their updated version with all packs installed. There are ways you could try to fix them but maybe it would be easiest just to try different CC eyes? I haven't heard anything about CC skin replacements so I'll have to look into that a little more.

Here's a link to the Sims forum thread where they have compiled a list of CC eyes that have been updated since the big game patch on June 3rd. Can you check if the CC eyes you are using are on this list? If not maybe there are some eyes on this list that will work properly in your game.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/976565/broken-updated-mods-cc-june-20-eco-lifestyle-patc...

This link also has info on how you can try to fix your current CC if that is something you'd like to research further.

Good luck, I hope this helps :D

Message 2 of 5 (1,077 Views)

★★★★ Novice

no luck Frown i downloaded eyes from the list to no avail

Message 3 of 5 (1,054 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@KAYLANDA The new eyes are doing the same thing as the old CC eyes? Did you remove the old CC eyes and delete the localthumbcache.package file from your Sims 4 folder before you installed the new CC eyes? If not, you should definitely try that first.

If you did, then maybe the problem is some other CC is affecting them and making them look bad. I know it's a pain but the only way to troubleshoot these things is to test all of your CC to see which file is causing the problem:

1) First move your entire Mods folder to your Desktop for safe keeping. Don't delete any of the contents, you should be able to re-use most of it later. Next delete the localthumbcache.package file from your Sims 4 folder. Then do a quick test in a fresh New Game to see if everything looks fine. Don't use any of your regular saves for this. The game will create a new empty Mods folder as soon as you launch it.

2) If all looks good, add your CC eyes into the new Mods folder in your Electronic Arts\Sims 4 folder and restart the game again to see if they are working properly with no other CC in your game. Keep using that test save for all this stuff.

3) If the eyes are working now you can start adding your CC files into the new Mods folder one at a time while testing after each step until the problem comes back. If you have a lot of CC you could try the 50-50 method and load half of your CC files back in at a time just to narrow things down a bit. Once you find which half is causing the problem you can keep splitting that in half again until the number of files gets more manageable so that you can test each CC file individually. At this point it becomes a matter of trial and error to find out which file is causing the problem. Remember to keep deleting that localthumbcache.package file after each test whenever you see the problem in your game.

Please do ask if you have any questions on this and also please let us know if this works for you.

Anyhow, good luck I hope this helps :D

Message 4 of 5 (1,047 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It was LUUMIA's eye shine remover. Thank you!

Message 5 of 5 (1,013 Views)