Re: change your career branch

by burin077

Original Post

change your career branch

★★★ Newbie

is there a way to change your career branch? I have already mastered a few careers and I want to know if there is a way to change to the other career in its category.  Do I have to purchase the "Get to Work" expansion pack?

Message 1 of 4 (19,643 Views)

Champion (Retired)

You would have to quit your current career then start again in the same career and when you get to the point where you choose career path you can choose the other path.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 4 (19,638 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I played another family for a few days and when I went back, one of my Sims has been promoted and chosen Musician branch instead of Comedian branch, which makes no sense because she has the Joke Star aspiration. Now if I quit her job she can only reapply as a musician. I can’t start her again at level 1? So annoying

Message 3 of 4 (19,578 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

There's usually a cool-down period in-between jobs where when you rejoin the same career, you will pick back up at a point in your career that is close to where you were before. (You usually will start only a rank down from where you were previously.)

If you wait a few days after leaving a job before returning to work, your ranks for the job you are re-applying for will slowly deteriorate. If you wait long enough that you are back to before the point where you had to make the branch decision (Example: Entertainer to either Musician or Comedian), you should be able to then change your decision when re-applying.

- B

Message 4 of 4 (19,573 Views)