Skate. Idea: Board wear

by AbusedRat

Original Post

Skate. Idea: Board wear

★★ Novice

Board wear and how it should work in the new game
There should be board wear in the new skate game, my reasoning is... why not, it adds more immersion into the game and has also been included in every other skate title. The board wear should be a realistic process, if you do a boardslide it should add wear towards the center of the board. If you do a tailslide it should add wear to the tail, etc etc. If darkslides are included in the final game it should also add wear to the griptape. It'd just add more immersion and in my opinion wore boards look better than clean ones. Make the board wear not to fast and not to slow like I stated, a realistic process. If the player no longer wants the board wear or would like to reset it, simply switch your board, or have a button to reset the wear. For the people of EA or Full Circle studio that actually see this I recommend looking at the game Session for a perfect example on the board wear and how it should work. Also another side thing please don't add boards breaking I feel like it would be cool at first but eventually it'll get tedious and annoying having your board break out of nowhere. Instead you could make a gamemode where you gotta do the best line/gap/drop WITHOUT breaking your board. Just keep board breaking out of free roam. I think these are some good ideas that should be implemented into the game. I've been really into the skate games for a very long time now and I want this game to be the best it can be, possibly better than the other games which I am hoping for.

Message 1 of 1 (1,604 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help