Sims Mobile VS Sims Freeplay?

by OkL80Bug

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims Mobile VS Sims Freeplay?

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Ok, I love Sims Mobile, but it has issues & I'm level 40. I have limited space on my phone (no computer 😭), so I can't install both Mobile & Freeplay games, so players that have played both, can you please advise about pros & * of each & if you could only play one of them...whice would it be Sims Mobile, Sims Freeplay or another I don't know about?

Message 1 of 5 (20,384 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims Mobile VS Sims Freeplay?

Champion (Retired)

@OkL80Bug Wow that's a hard question to answer. I love both of them. Actually, I bought a tablet so I could play both of them. The only thing I have never liked about Freeplay is the Death aspect. People that play the Sims Games for PC were use to it but the people who played Freeplay when it first came out didn't have a Death aspect in the game.  You can avoid it by earning orbs but they are hard to come by.  Freeplay has greater building and designing capabilities and you can visit neighbors Sims but there is no in game chat capabilities like Sims Mobile has. Freeplay you can have actual families with babies, toddlers, preteens and teens in addition to the adults. Freeplay you have Quests but no loot boxes like Sims Mobile has. Freeplay has a number of different venues you can visit and the graphics are awesome, however, the Sims themselves aren't as customizable as they are in Sims Mobile.  Having said all that, Sims Mobile is a very new game and we really don't know yet how it will evolve or what is in store for it going forward. We'll just have to wait and see. I guess it all depends on what you are looking for in an app. I play Freeplay, Sims Mobile, Sims 2 and Sims 4. I like them all because they each have different qualities that I really like.  ☺😊

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (21,258 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

@OkL80Bug Wow that's a hard question to answer. I love both of them. Actually, I bought a tablet so I could play both of them. The only thing I have never liked about Freeplay is the Death aspect. People that play the Sims Games for PC were use to it but the people who played Freeplay when it first came out didn't have a Death aspect in the game.  You can avoid it by earning orbs but they are hard to come by.  Freeplay has greater building and designing capabilities and you can visit neighbors Sims but there is no in game chat capabilities like Sims Mobile has. Freeplay you can have actual families with babies, toddlers, preteens and teens in addition to the adults. Freeplay you have Quests but no loot boxes like Sims Mobile has. Freeplay has a number of different venues you can visit and the graphics are awesome, however, the Sims themselves aren't as customizable as they are in Sims Mobile.  Having said all that, Sims Mobile is a very new game and we really don't know yet how it will evolve or what is in store for it going forward. We'll just have to wait and see. I guess it all depends on what you are looking for in an app. I play Freeplay, Sims Mobile, Sims 2 and Sims 4. I like them all because they each have different qualities that I really like.  ☺😊

Message 2 of 5 (21,259 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
tbh, and i hope i don't get hated on for saying this, but both are pretty short-lived games as most mobile games are. I think they're similar as far as entertainment value, but the sims themselves are prettier in the Sims Mobile and it's more social. And as PaQuilter said, building/decorating in Freeplay is much more extensive. Regardless, you'll probably get bored with both in a few months, so how about playing one at a time? Like install one, run it into the ground, then install the next one and do the same Standard smile
Message 3 of 5 (20,277 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@cuddlepuddle09 I play them both to this day.  I can truthfully say I've never gotten board with either game. Sims Mobile is probably the easier of the two. Freeplay spoiled me for playing SIM Mobile because there are no item limits. And there are so many build configurations. I'd be lost without both of them. I have to play Sims 4 more but I'm waiting to get a new laptop. I need one where I don't have to sit at the computer. Just my 2 cents. ☺

Message 4 of 5 (20,269 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@PaQuilter1 i'm glad you chimed in on this because i'm the type of person who gets bored easily, so the shelf life for games for me is usually 3-4 months, but I definitely see others who play games for years! so yeah, it's worth mentioning that my post is only my experience

Message 5 of 5 (20,263 Views)