Re: No option to improve presentation(DISCOVER UNIVERSITY)

by SheriGR

Original Post

No option to improve presentation(DISCOVER UNIVERSITY)

★★★★★ Novice

I clicked on an older sim I haven't played in a while. She's in university and turns out her boyfriend is in another dorm so I "Added" him to the household and it says he's on probation. I've been trying to get his grades up. 2 days left until the end of the term, his presentation is due soon but it's "poor quality" and there's no option to improve. I've done presentations before and I've never not seen an option for that.  I can "give final presentation", "ask for feedback" and  "put in inventory" that's it.

Message 1 of 5 (1,572 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@SweetEmotion247 The sim should 'ask for feedback' from another sim, then he should be able to make improvements, then practice the presentation, then give the presentation.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 2 of 5 (1,564 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@SheriGR wrote:

@SweetEmotion247 The sim should 'ask for feedback' from another sim, then he should be able to make improvements, then practice the presentation, then give the presentation.

I've done the feedback thing a couple of times and it didn't work. Maybe my game is just really messed up. Both my Sims had class and just stood outside of a building for almost the entire time. He didn't get a chance to turn in the presentation anyway. Thanks for your reply.

Message 3 of 5 (1,539 Views)
Highlighted

Champion

@SweetEmotion247 Sorry for your frustration! Yes, it can be a bit of a fussy process to get in the rhythm of. If you think your game is not behaving properly and is causing some issues like that you could try a game repair. [ Open Origin, click 'Game Library' then right-click Sims 4 > Repair Game ]

If you have or previously had Mods or CC sometimes those can cause issues You could troubleshoot this in the following manner, if the issue remains and you have them: (Click spoiler tag for directions):

Spoiler

Please try the following in this exact order without skipping any steps, even if you’ve done some of these steps already:

• Exit your game then exit Origin. Drag the Mods folder from your 'The Sims 4' folder onto your desktop (for future reference) then delete the localthumbnailcache.package file in your 'The Sims 4' folder. (When you restart the game it will automatically create a new Mods folder.)
  • Next please run a game repair [ Open Origin, click 'Game Library' then right-click Sims 4 > Repair Game ]. Make sure to let it run until it has completed all repairs (it will do the base-game first, then run through each of your expansions/packs).

Do not re-add any or your Mods or CC at this time. Please then restart your game see if the issue is present.

If this fixes the issue you can re-add your Mods/CC one at a time to see which were conflicting with the function/causing the glitch - but do not re-add the old Resource.cfg file from the old Mods folder, as it is possible for it to have become corrupted. If you have a lot of Mods or CC you can do so by via the 50/50 method. Let me know if you need directions on this.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 4 of 5 (1,534 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@SweetEmotion247If I was in your situation, I would try the suggestion SheriGR recommended first, and then see it is fixed or not but if it didn't work, then I would try to save the game as other name, then evict whole family to clipboard and replace them into the current home, then see if it's fixed or not. Looks like your sim's presentation board is bugged to me.

Message 5 of 5 (1,490 Views)