My sims heads are disappearing in CAS

by kdollasignnnn

Original Post

My sims heads are disappearing in CAS

★★ Apprentice

Every time I go in cas me sims heads are gone... Does anyone know what mod or cc caused it? I've read through every forum, tried to see if the any of the mods or cc mentioned there caused it but I never had them in my folder. I tried to repair my game, and I've tried to delete the localthumbcache.package.

Message 1 of 16 (4,493 Views)

Re: My sims heads are disappearing in CAS

★★★ Expert

@kdollasignnnn Seems like I recently saw another thread where someone had this same problem in their game. I don't think they specified which mod or CC was causing the problem, only that it was mod/cc-related. I'll try to find that thread and link it here in case it helps. Deleting the localthumbcache.package is a good thing to do after you have identified and removed/replaced whichever file is causing the problem, but unfortunately it doesn't fix anything while the bad CC is still in your Mods folder. 

Message 2 of 16 (4,458 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Thank you! I will definitely continue to try to find which file is causing it!

Message 3 of 16 (4,452 Views)

★★★ Expert

@kdollasignnnn I found that other thread. Here is the link in case you are interested in looking through it.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Feedback/Sims-4-headless-male-sims/m-p/9336382#M34226

I'm not 100% sure that other player was ever able to fix the issue in their game. If you are able to fix it, can you update this thread on how you did it? It could be very helpful for anyone else who might run into this same problem.

Message 4 of 16 (4,447 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Now im having another issue where my sims completely disappear in cas! I pulled to Mods folder to the desktop, Repaired the game, Deleted the Localthumbcache, and tried to reset the sims 4 folder! Help PLEASEEEEE i just want to play my game :c I also tried to uninstall The Sims 4 and it still doesn't work.

Message 5 of 16 (4,410 Views)

Champion

@kdollasignnnn, after you deleted the localthumbcache.package file and repaired your game, did you put your Mods folder back in the game or did you leave it on your desktop? Wondering The Mods folder should not be put back into your game until you have either replaced all your outdated/broken Mods and CC , or else deleted the ones that the creators have never updated. Raised eyebrow

Also, it might not make a difference, but I was always told to do this procedure in this order
Put Mods folder on desktop

Delete the localthumbcache.package file
Repair game in Origin
Replace any broken Mods/CC with new versions that are compatible with the most recent game patch (in this case July 23rd.) 
Move Mods folder back into the game.
Wink

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 6 of 16 (4,393 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Okay so, even after I removed the localthumbcache and repaired the game without the mods folder, without cc the issue still occurs. I'm just gonna go back to playing TS3... I've never had this issue before...

Message 7 of 16 (4,357 Views)

Champion

@kdollasignnnn, don't give up just yet.Raised eyebrow  I used to use CC/Mods in TS2 and TS3  but I don't use them in TS4 (they caused too many problems in TS3 for me! DisappointedLarge smile )  While I know how to check for outdated/broken Mods/CC in TS4, I can't help you with the more advanced troubleshooting that @RandomBuzziness  can help you with.  So I would wait for @RandomBuzziness to reply to you. Angel 

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 8 of 16 (4,348 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Alright, thank you so much!

Message 9 of 16 (4,346 Views)

★★★ Expert

@kdollasignnnn 

I'm sorry to hear all this is going on in your game. So just to clarify, the steps you tried using were:

1. Moved your Mods folder to your Desktop
2. Deleted the localthumbcache.package file from your Sims 4 folder
3. Repaired your Game through Origin
4. Started a New Game for a test

Is the issue happening on a fresh New Game or is all of this on your old save? You'll want to test on a new save in case your old save has been corrupted.

Also, are you playing on PC or Mac? Are you using the standard version of Sims 4 or the Legacy Edition? The next troubleshooting steps might vary depending on which version you have and what you play on.

Message 10 of 16 (4,313 Views)