Accidentally purchased land expansion

by dualippo

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Accidentally purchased land expansion

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

What should I do if I want to get a refund for a 20,000 Simoleons land expansion? I accidentally purchased to clear an area of my house when I clicked an activity for my Sim. The accidents happened a couple of times before, but this one bothers me the most because I've worked so hard to get 40,000 Simoleons to buy a new lot. I had 38,000 and only 2,000 left to buy it. But now I've lost 20k! Does anyone know if EA could get me back my 20k or just cancel my game progress on that day? Has anyone experienced the same thing?

Message 2 of 4 (886 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Accidentally purchased land expansion

★★★ Newbie

I contacted EA Game Advisor through here Contact EA

And this is what they told me: 

"I can really understand how frustrating it can be for you, but all the information related to your progress is saved on our servers which we are unable to roll back or however modify"

and when I asked them whether they can restore my game progress or cancel my purchase on that day, they answered: "Unfortunately no, technically we don't have such an opportunity". It doesn't really help. 

But I think if you ask for a real money refund (as you purchased in real life, not in-game purchase), they can help you better.

And I've suggested for them to add some kind of pop-up window for confirmation whenever we decided to buy something so that it prevents any accident in the future. Hopefully they can add this feature in the next update very soon.

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (837 Views)

All Replies

Re: Cancel or Confirm Land Expansion

★★★ Newbie

Is there a solution for this case?

Message 1 of 4 (851 Views)

Re: Cancel or Confirm Land Expansion

Hero
@dualippo There is no solution at this moment. We have asked for a confirmation button and hopefully it will be implemented in a future update.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 3 of 4 (828 Views)

Re: Accidentally purchased land expansion

★★★ Newbie

I contacted EA Game Advisor through here Contact EA

And this is what they told me: 

"I can really understand how frustrating it can be for you, but all the information related to your progress is saved on our servers which we are unable to roll back or however modify"

and when I asked them whether they can restore my game progress or cancel my purchase on that day, they answered: "Unfortunately no, technically we don't have such an opportunity". It doesn't really help. 

But I think if you ask for a real money refund (as you purchased in real life, not in-game purchase), they can help you better.

And I've suggested for them to add some kind of pop-up window for confirmation whenever we decided to buy something so that it prevents any accident in the future. Hopefully they can add this feature in the next update very soon.

Message 4 of 4 (838 Views)