Object appeared and can't be deleted

by pastelgoose39

Original Post

Object appeared and can't be deleted

★ Novice
Hi, I was messing around with dollhouses on my lot yesterday to see what one would suit the children's bedroom. However, when I loaded the game today, there was an oversized doll house in the garden/slightly of the lot. I have tried using build mode to delete it, but it is not recognized as an object. When I try to use the sledgehammer tool, it comes up with 'nothing to delete'. Reset object has no effect on the issue and neither does deleting newer saves to go back to before the issue. Does anyone know any solutions?
Message 1 of 5 (351 Views)

Re: Object appeared and can't be deleted

Champion (Retired)

@pastelgoose39 

Place any loose items in your inventory. Save your house to your Library, bulldoze the lot and place the house again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 5 (328 Views)

★ Novice

I bulldozed the lot and still thereFrown

@jpkarlsen wrote:

@pastelgoose39 

Place any loose items in your inventory. Save your house to your Library, bulldoze the lot and place the house again.

Message 3 of 5 (232 Views)

★ Novice
@pastelgoose39 Hi! I'm not sure which mod it is by memory, but I know there is one you can use to remove stuck objects like this if you're willing to google it and download a mod to use. Good luck!
Message 4 of 5 (219 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@pastelgoose39 If you do a Shift + Click on the object while in Live Mode, do you see an option to "Destroy Object (Debug)" the object? I know this is not a base-game option, but depending on which mods you are using, you might see it in your game. I think MCCC adds this option, if that is something you are using in your game. It will allow you to delete the object, even if it is outside of your lot grid

destroy object debug.JPG

Message 5 of 5 (206 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help