Re: Community Garden Old-New Henford Glitching?

by Moriaena

Original Post

Community Garden Old-New Henford Glitching?

★★★ Novice

The Old-New Henford town in the new Cottage Living Pack has a slight glitch in the community garden. Your sims cannot place any fruits or vegetables in the planter boxes to plant them. However if an NPC places them in the box you can plant them and tend to them without problem. One of the NPC's also dug up mushroom plant that had been in one of the planter boxes. It still shows the mushrooms in the box but the NPC's are continuously trying to plant on top of them because it's considered an empty space right now. Therefore the message of "such and such failed to germinate..." pops up numerous times as they try and plant in that spot. I have tried restarting the game, I've even checked if I could build on that lot in order to remove the mushrooms manually. My sim cannot even interact with the mushrooms. 

Message 1 of 12 (3,179 Views)

★ Apprentice
My sims will be able to attempt to plant the items in the planter, but cannot due to the mushrooms. I have the menu option to eat the mushrooms, but routing issues fail to make it happen.

A work around that helped at first was to eat the produce. But sims can't eat flowers so I was left with an eternal crocus that failed to germinate. The lemon tree that was originally planted is going well but the original mushrooms in the one pot were dug up.

As for location, this is a planter by the creature keeper.
Message 2 of 12 (3,133 Views)

★★★ Novice

@Moriaena wrote:
My sims will be able to attempt to plant the items in the planter, but cannot due to the mushrooms. I have the menu option to eat the mushrooms, but routing issues fail to make it happen.

A work around that helped at first was to eat the produce. But sims can't eat flowers so I was left with an eternal crocus that failed to germinate. The lemon tree that was originally planted is going well but the original mushrooms in the one pot were dug up.

As for location, this is a planter by the creature keeper.

I did manage to eat the black bean, and the mushroom, but now it’s a crocus as well for me. I can’t move the crocus either. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Message 3 of 12 (3,116 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Moriaena 

The Creature keeper will take care of these planters. The townies take care of planters in community gardens. If you want some that you can grow and harvest use planters in your own garden.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 12 (3,103 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Yes, I'm saying that because the creature keeper and townies plant in the planters, when the planter is full of bugged mushrooms, they fail to plant. 

Message 5 of 12 (3,093 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Moriaena 

It is not possible to plant where there already are a plant. The plant may die off eventually in which case he will eventually plant something else.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 6 of 12 (3,083 Views)

★ Apprentice

Here's a picture to help explain the problem. I cannot move the mushrooms nor the crocus. The CK keeps trying to plant the crocus, getting a failure to germinate message. 

Message 7 of 12 (3,076 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem. Some NPCs dug out several plants in the planters in the community garden. And the fruits and veggies and mushrooms are still hanging around the spot, even though the plants themself are gone. And of course there are always new plants to plant there, but the "failure to germinate" message pops up. It was easy to ignore, when it was just one spot, but by now there are 6 glitched spots spread over the two big planters and the NPCs keep switching from one spot to the next over and over again and are spamming my notifications. And when there are two NPCs doing this, it is unbareable.

Message 8 of 12 (3,063 Views)

★★ Novice

Same problem. I love my house location but I'm about to switch to another neighborhood. The constant barrage of ".....failed to germinate" every 30 seconds is annoying. I didn't experience this issue in any other neighborhood besides Old New Henford.

Message 9 of 12 (3,004 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@iceprincess143 If you have the magic expansion pack, you can incinerate whatever people are trying to plant. So far that worked for me. The spot will then be filled with ash and can no longer be used, but no more notifications.
Message 10 of 12 (2,832 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help