how to turn my sims to a mermaid

by emilydaisy2173

Original Post

how to turn my sims to a mermaid

★ Novice

can someone tell me how I can turn a regular sim into a mermaid. is there some kelp or something that I need to find. sorry that I sound so dumb.

Message 1 of 6 (570 Views)

Re: how to turn my sims to a mermaid

★★★★ Expert
@emilydaisy2173 There are NO dumb questions.

There are two ways I know of. (other than doing it in CAS).

There is a cave on Mua Pel'am, if you go in there and explore several times (or more than several) you'll eventually get the mermaid kelp.

You can also get it from an aspiration reward I believe. Never did it that way myself.

Oh, you can also have a child with a mermaid and I believe the child will be one too. Never did it that way either.
Message 2 of 6 (566 Views)

★★★★ Guide

You just have to find the Kelp eat it and hangout in the water and eventually your turn into a mermaid must be in the water until the timer counters to zero.

Message 3 of 6 (535 Views)

Champion (Retired)

It is not necessary to stay in the water.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 6 (525 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@Sid1701d9 You just need to eat it and then go for a swim. The first time you change makes it permanent.

I've never heard of anyone waiting long enough to know if it "times out". Most players want to see their mermaid so bad they usually go straight for the water.
Message 5 of 6 (493 Views)

★★ Apprentice

It's a good question, especially when you get a new Expansion or Gameplay. 

All you need to do is click on your selected sim then press Ctrl Shift C then type TestingCheats On, press Enter key, type TestingCheats True, press Enter key, type

Traits.Equip_Trait Trait_OccultMermaid_MermaidForm, press Enter key. 

That's how I was able to make my Ariel sim into an actual Mermaid.  Have fun with your Mermaid. 

Message 6 of 6 (459 Views)