cafeteria

by comeoneileenn

Original Post

cafeteria

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi, there is a cafeteria station in Foxubury Commons, but there is never any food there? Around 4:30, I can hover over it and it says order food, cafeteria opens at 5, but then 5pm comes and there is still no food and no option to order it. I have searched everywhere and it seems that no one else has this problem? I haven't checked out the other university yet and this is the only cafeteria on campus. My sims don't have any option to eat for free... I don't know what's wrong? 

EDIT: My sims visited Britechester and the cafeteria in the commons there was working fine!! Still not sure what's wrong...

Message 1 of 6 (3,064 Views)

Re: cafeteria

Champion (Retired)

@comeoneileenn 
Not 100% sure why but I am seeing this as well. I only noticed it in passing as I was concentrating on skills and studies.
I managed needs by using the moodlet solver potion and keeping harvestables in personal inventory.

For testing purposed are you on PC/Mac or Console?
This may or may not be a factor but do you have mods or cc of any kind in your game?

- EQ Avid Sims Player
#EQCreations
I do not work for EA
All packs installed and patches are current.
PC / Win 10
Never used CC or mods.

Most recent version 1.59.73.1020 12December2019 patch.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 2 of 6 (3,045 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm on PC! I don't have any mods or cc except for a couple paintings and stuff i downloaded. But nothing complicated. I'm pretty new to the game, so I don't even know how to use that stuff. I added a stove to Foxbury Commons and my sims have been feeding themselves that way. Hopefully there is a fix! I'd like the experience of all the sims coming to eat together in the cafeteria! 

Message 3 of 6 (3,022 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@comeoneileenn 
It may have been before the last patch that I saw this happen. My current Sim "Olie" enrolled at Foxbury to attend from home.
In this test scenario There was a vendor attending the food court (or whatever it is called) at the appropriate hours.
Since I do test a lot of things in my game I am very often resetting the folder and repairing the game.
I would suggest you do the same to see if it helps.

Even the most innocent CC or Mod can have unforeseen circumstances. Testing the game without them is the best way to determine the cause of anything unusual that should not happen.
You will want to make a copy of your current game specifically saves, tray, screenshots, mods and options and put them in a safe place like your desktop for instance. Everything else can be deleted since the game will generate new ones.
Game files are found in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4
Be sure to remove (not disable) mods / cc and delete the localthumbcache.package and any other cache files.
Go to the Origin launcher and right click on the game to Repair.
When you restart the game all new files will be generated.
Test the game to see if the issues are still there.
If the game works correctly you will need to test your mods /custom content (CC) to see which they are causing the problem.

Additional instructions are in the link below:
Troubleshooting tips
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/READ-FIRST-Troubleshooting-your-Game/m-p/3621199

- EQ Avid Sims Player
#EQCreations
I do not work for EA
All packs installed and patches are current.
PC / Win 10
Never used CC or mods.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 4 of 6 (2,993 Views)

Champion

@comeoneileenn, in addition to doing all of what @EuphorialQueen suggested, does the game generate a person to serve the food at the cafeteria, or is he/she missing as well?Wondering

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 5 of 6 (2,944 Views)

★ Novice

I’m having the same problem. The cafeteria vendor shows up but just stands outside the building

Message 6 of 6 (1,346 Views)