by AlexisBaynes

Original Post

Uninstall an expansion pack on sim 4

★★★ Newbie

How do I uninstall and expansion pack on sims 4

Message 1 of 12 (1,330 Views)

Re: Uninstall an expansion pack on sim 4

★★ Pro
@AlexisBaynes What platform are you playing on? ie console/PC/Mac?
Message 2 of 12 (1,307 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@AlexisBaynes I got a pack I didn't like removed from my game and to do it I did contact EA. It was removed from their end.

I did have a block on the pack that stopped working. If you would like to block a pack you could do a search for James Turner block a game pack and read his instructions on how to do so in the EA app. It might be helpful till you get the pack removed or could help you decide if you want to get rid of it for good.

Message 3 of 12 (1,278 Views)

Champion

@AlexisBaynes for Xbox we just select the Sims 4>manage game and add-ons by using the button on our controller that looks like 3 horizontal lines (instead of clicking A like we usually would). This then takes us to a page where we see the Sims 4 in the top right hand corner and it tells us how many items we have with the game. We then click that and it takes us to a list of all add-ons, each with a check box. To uninstall we just uncheck the box for the pack we don't want and then click the option to Save Changes on the right hand side of the screen. It tells us 1 item will uninstall and that's it. It will still stay there for future use if we choose to install it again at a later date.

I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 4 of 12 (1,266 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@simsplayer818 sounds so easy. You got one bonus on us pc players then. ;-)

Message 5 of 12 (1,262 Views)

Champion
@ReneHollyDesign1 yes luckily it is quite simple. I sometimes reinstall specific packs if there's a glitch so it's handy we can do that quickly.
Message 6 of 12 (1,258 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I want to uninstalled but re download it "get to work" the reason is It never gave me the option to place down the police station, hospital and etc. 

Message 7 of 12 (1,238 Views)

Champion
@AlexisBaynes Hi there, we still don't know which platform you are on. Once we know that we can get you the right help as installation is different for PC/Xbox/PS.
But just to mention, you don't place the Get to Work buildings they are placed automatically. The only time you would go to the Police Station for example, would be when your Sim is going to work and you opt to travel to work with them. You won't see the buildings on your maps or be able to visit them.
Message 8 of 12 (1,219 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Police Station, Hospital and Lab are rabbit holes you only go to them if you go are having a baby, are a doctor and you go with them to work. Your Sim works in a lab - go to work with them and if your Sim a police officer and you go to work with them. 

More than likely there are all police station, Labs and hospitals in the gallery if you just want them showing on the map.

Message 9 of 12 (1,211 Views)

Champion
@AlexisBaynes You can only change these locations if your sim is in one of the active careers and you follow him to work. Even then you need the cheat bb.enablefreebuild.
Message 10 of 12 (1,192 Views)