Sims 4 Realm of Magic

by searamoon37

Original Post

Sims 4 Realm of Magic

★★★★★ Novice

Hey there fellow Simmers and gamers alike. I have recent;y started using Sims 4 (the base game) and I'm having fun with it. I thought I'd as a little something to it so I bought and downloaded "Realm of Magic". My character has arrived there, and so far, there's a bar and there's no other business I can see. I want to start getting involved in the magical aspects, and there is no guide, no signs anywhere on the map. It's this teeny little town with practically nothing. Is the game file defective? Could I have installed it wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Message 1 of 6 (1,170 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Realm of Magic

★★★★ Guide

Hello, I hope it will help you 

https://arsepo4.blogspot.com/2019/09/kouzelna-rise.html

Message 2 of 6 (1,117 Views)

Champion

@searamoon37  There's a lot to love about Realm of Magic. It is small but once you take a stroll to the river, bear to the right and find the portal you travel to the other half of that world. That's where you can buy everything you need, including your familiars. You can have several familiars to pick from depending on the occasion and the mood. You can also buy them just to display around the house in their orbs. You can buy your brooms and wands too, again you can switch these depending on whichever you feel like using. You can also eat the little pinky purple floating things (motes) to increase your power and harvest magical plants (you can buy the seed packets online too).

At home, using your cauldron helps boost your skills, as does practicing magic.

I have 2 Spellcasters. Pandora wasn't created as a Spellcaster, she chose to be one by seeking out the sages and then consuming motes. She's on the dark side and lives for duels and has the spookier looking familiars.

Aurora is a Wiccan and never uses dark magic, doesn't duel, doesn't use a wand (just waves her hands about instead) and has the cute familiars. She's all about flowers and gardening and cooking and she has a gift shop. I have Cottage Living so I added the wild birds, rabbits and foxes to her garden and she talks to them as she's very quiet and doesn't mingle much with humans.

I'd say despite it's smaller size it has some of the more involved gameplay. It also has some really lovely build items. The stores in the magical realm change their stock each day so you need to keep returning to see what's new and that keeps it interesting. Plus the more locals you meet, the more chance of being invited to duel...but build your skill before accepting so your Sim doesn't get embarrassed by getting trounced.

I added Paranormal to spice it up a bit once I'd established my Spellcasters and I made one of the houses a haunted house and added a Paranormal Investigator since that felt like the perfect spot for her. It added another dimension to that world. In fact it blends well with a few other packs too.

I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 3 of 6 (1,070 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

Hi, @searamoon37 !

There's more than just the 3 houses, bar, and empty lot in Glimmerbrook!

Go to the empty lot and follow the path down the stream. You'll find a magic portal there that will take you to the Magic Realm, where you can become a spellcaster, learn magic, buy supplies, etc. There's A LOT to the pack!

I hope that helps! RoM is one of my favorite packs. I always replace the default Magic HQ with LilSimsie's, though. :D And like @simsplayer818, I have a haunted house in Glimmerbrook that casters live in. :D

Message 4 of 6 (1,034 Views)

★★★ Newbie

hello, I would like to know how not to use a magic wand at all when casting spells, and will fight in a duel? The game always sets one by default...

Message 5 of 6 (743 Views)

Community Manager

Hi all,

As this thread has gotten a bit older now, it's been locked to prevent necro-posting.

If you're needing further help on this topic, please feel free to create a new thread instead and we'd be happy to take a look with you Standard smile

Don't "necropost." Reviving, updating or bumping old, outdated and irrelevant threads is not helpful for our community. It's best to check when the thread was created before you hit post, just to make sure it's not 2 years old for example.

solaire.png

Message 6 of 6 (738 Views)