Greeting in the same household

by Rev_Shadow508

Original Post

Greeting in the same household

★★★★★ Apprentice

I recently melded a couple families together as a personal story I was writing unfolded. I now have six adult and young adult sims living together. Now that I am trying to get everyone friendly with one another for the interjoined household I am noticing it is hard to efficiently multi task. Prior to melding households my sims didn't feel the need to greet one another when starting a conversation at the dinner table or in front of the TV. Once I added the 5th and 6th sims from other households I found that my ability to keep sims on task has gone out the window. Unless I start a conversation over Skill building my sims will put what they are doing on hold, get up and greet one another like they are a neighborhood sim.

This was no an issue when everyone was apart of the same family. The moment someone moved in from outside this problem occurred and occurs 100% of the time when attempting to converse with someone who is not a spouse or partner of some kind. I don't imagine this is intended... right? Otherwise my created houshold would have been doing this when they were originally created.

I am not holding by breath but this is something that would be good to address to keep the multi tasking system somewhat efficient. It already takes sims longer to eat or build skills when interacting with others while doing so, with that in mind multi tasking is actually quite inefficient in most situations. The main exceptions being socializing while doing an entertainment task.

Message 1 of 2 (191 Views)

Re: Greeting in the same household

★★★ Pro

This was always a problem, specially for player which play without autonomy. If a sim doesn’t talk with another sim for 8-24 hours, they will force greeting each other (Idle chat don’t count for it!). Most player encounter it only for dinning time because sim will go up and greet another with a hug.

I personally use since forever bienchen mod LessAutonomousHuggingAndGreeting (Misc Mods -> converstationstweak) because all other mods which I tried they still greet another just doesn’t get up.

Because you play now with more as 4 sims you will encounter this more just because sims rather idle chat as really talk with each other. I personally never liked this feature, specially with unflirty sims this greeting is just so stupid because they normally don’t like it if they are target for hugging.

Message 2 of 2 (170 Views)