Galactic War difficulty

by Smittythegreat86

Original Post

Re: Galactic War difficulty

★★★ Newbie

I hate new Galactic War! It was frustrating before as I kept nearing completion, but couldn’t quite get there, but with a bit more upgrades was going to do it. Now, forget it, by battle 5 it over. This is awful. I won’t spend another cent until it becomes competitive again.

Message 41 of 55 (1,443 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Boba will one shot Zopress every time. Just saying
Message 42 of 55 (1,393 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I thought I had a lot of squads, but I can’t get thru GW more than one out of 15 times.  You must have a zillion good squads.  Those of us who are mostly f2p have trouble gearing up and promoting, and GW gets harder when you do, anyhow.  I know some players that entered Territory War with thirty squads above 70 k strength.  If that’s you, please consider that us newer folk really need the credits and other rewards in GW to make any progress at all.  It got a little better in November, but my strongest squad is nearly always dead by node 9 and sometimes by 6.  Obviously I try different combinations.  The problem is I don’t want to expose and lose my best toons early, but was wiped out today by a 72 team with GP of 44, my squad had 69.  

A little feedback, it comes across as patronizing one up man ship rather than encouragement when you discount other players concerns.  I come to forums for specific strategies and teams as well as to ask EA/Origen to fix things.  Then you come along and say nothing needs fixing.  

Message 43 of 55 (1,382 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Exactly.

Message 44 of 55 (1,382 Views)

★ Novice
You just need to find a good galactic war team (your arena team isn't always the best for GW) I got nihlus after he came out and I've pretty much been able to finish every GW since
Message 45 of 55 (1,321 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This!  I was having a lot of difficulty with GW for a long time, and then I got Phoenix squad leveled up for the thrawn event.  Boy howdy, they are amazing at GW.  Most days I can just auto-battle through all 12 fights with them.

One other strat that I also agree with is to get your best teams a headstart on TM for the hardest fights by using them only on the easiest fights at the beginning.  So I charge up an Empire team, a Resistance team, and a First Order team, then use Phoenix on auto as far as they can get, and clean up with those heavy hitters.

I definitely went through a ~4 month period where I just could not finish GW.

Message 46 of 55 (1,296 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Absolutely Agree 10,000 percent and many other games become this same way taking away the enjoyment. * some better freebies at least for dedicated customers.
Message 47 of 55 (1,049 Views)

★★ Novice

I auto every battle on my main with my sith team (lvl 85) at least i did until they let us sim the whole thing at once. On my alt (level 60) i auto every battle with my phoenix team, only lost two fight ever and was able to easily finish those up with other teams. 

Message 48 of 55 (1,034 Views)

★★ Guide
I would say better drop rates. sometimes they're ridiculous. As for GW, Imperial Troopers for the win! They take a bit of time to make them shine, but worth it.
Message 49 of 55 (1,022 Views)

★★★ Novice
I have only met a impossbile battle once.
Clearing every day with palp/vader/tarkin/thrawn/KRU. Easy on auto, easier on manual. You will be able to sim the whole thing with 150 completions. So GW has been "fixed" into another daily 2 click. That's what you guys asked for here and you got it.
Message 50 of 55 (965 Views)